11 1
Level: Pyramids
Difficulty: Easy

Made by: luxrayShock
3 checkpoints

P.S.
this is a test to see what i can improve on in
Screenshot (185).png
my map because this is my first map and im going to make improvements soon, just wanna see what you guys think.

Screenshot (183).png
Screenshot (184).png

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, let's get right into your parkour map submission review!

Originality ~ Sadly your parkour map is not original and I've seen a handful of parkour map submissions with pyramids quite similar to what you did for your parkour submission. It does seem that you didn't really add an easy way to make it to your parkour map, I would suggest adding the full teleport command in your thread so that it's easier for map judges to review your map, for example, this is the command I used to get to your map, (/plot v luxrayShock). I would recommend putting that in your thread, it just makes it easier.

Jump Variety ~ Sadly your parkour map doesn't really show much variety at all with the parkour jumps, all I saw on your map was a few solid block jumps, some sign/fence jumps and a slime block jump, for example, I would suggest adding chest jumps, bed jumps, head hitting jumps, soul sand jumps, etc. This just makes your map more fun to play :)

Details ~ This is one of the most important sections of your parkour submission and sadly it doesn't seem that you put in much effort at all, you didn't really bother with giving the pyramid some unique originality over other pyramids and just seems quite bland from my perspective, I do believe that you could have made it nicer in the interior as it was very bland in there and only consisted of sandstone.

Good luck! ;)

magicaLuxray

Ratings
11 1
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, let's get right into your parkour map submission review!

Originality ~ Sadly your parkour map is not original and I've seen a handful of parkour map submissions with pyramids quite similar to what you did for your parkour submission. It does seem that you didn't really add an easy way to make it to your parkour map, I would suggest adding the full teleport command in your thread so that it's easier for map judges to review your map, for example, this is the command I used to get to your map, (/plot v luxrayShock). I would recommend putting that in your thread, it just makes it easier.

Jump Variety ~ Sadly your parkour map doesn't really show much variety at all with the parkour jumps, all I saw on your map was a few solid block jumps, some sign/fence jumps and a slime block jump, for example, I would suggest adding chest jumps, bed jumps, head hitting jumps, soul sand jumps, etc. This just makes your map more fun to play :)

Details ~ This is one of the most important sections of your parkour submission and sadly it doesn't seem that you put in much effort at all, you didn't really bother with giving the pyramid some unique originality over other pyramids and just seems quite bland from my perspective, I do believe that you could have made it nicer in the interior as it was very bland in there and only consisted of sandstone.

Good luck! ;)
Thanks for the feedback. Tbh when i was making this, i actually thought of making jumps with variety, i just wanted to know what other, more experienced players opinions on my map, and i purposely made it bland and overused, so i could add more detail into it instead of putting the work on the detail and people telling me "this doesnt match, do a different design.", so I could actually save time on making this prototype. I also had a few ideas of my own that I would like to try out on my map, which I will attempt to put in my level.
Once again, thanks for the feedback and I will surely make it better next time!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello luxrayShock,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is surprisingly original, because we do not currently have any pyramid maps (I did check the logs to be sure) so good job on that!
The build is a bit
plain, as there is only one main block used. Try to use different blocks throughout your build so it is more varied!
The parkour is also
repetitive throughout with the use of sandstone. Try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! This may include: vines, water, lava, flower pots, and many more types of jumps! The length of the course and difficulty of the jumps do fit the easy difficulty nicely, so good job on that!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.