Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
618 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Originality/detail ~ I certainly haven't really seen a Mantis/shrimp map before so it seems quite unique from other parkour maps that I've seen/experienced. You've got some nice detail on your parkour map which is always great to see, nice use of colorful blocks but possibly some more exterior could make it look a little better than just some glass boxes? Just my opinion.

Difficulty/parkour variety ~ At the moment you've got some pretty nice parkour variety, certainly some interesting unique jumps added into your parkour, good job with that section, for an EASY map your parkour certainly seems like an easy map to me so that's great to see. Some people could argue that some of the jumps are a little infuriating but let's not get into that, it's personal opinion honestly, good luck! :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey chewy07020,

I'm sorry to tell you that your map has been REJECTED due to the build and parkour. For starters, the theme is most definitely original as we have no "Mantis Shrimp" or "Shrimp" themed maps currently on the server. Good job in that regard! But, the execution of the theme was not very good at all. This blocks used in the build were not very appealing to the eyes, it was hard to distinguish what the build even was. The problems can be summed up with messiness and poor block choices. The PK difficulty and length did fit the easy difficulty, so props to you on that one. But, the parkour was kinda all over the place and when I made it to the part on the mantis shrimp it felt very linear and unenjoyable. You should make sure to spice things up when it comes to the parkour and utilize a variety of blocks/jumps to make sure the player is always doing something and not just mindlessly walking and jumping (like the part on the mantis shrimp). I definitely see potential so I hope to see more map submissions from you in the future.

Major Skip on the first part:

Status
Not open for further replies.