Rejected Map Submission: Ancient Rome

Status
Not open for further replies.
*screenshots do not work on the laptop

The course was built by Germanicus12, a Rome nerd, who built this map for fun to show some nice scenes from roman history. The map is short, and would definitely qualify as easy. The plot owner is Germanicus12. The map is titled: Ancient Rome

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Heya Germanicus!

I would recommend you use the format for map submissions here on the forums!
  • Username(s)
  • Map name
  • Photos of your Parkour (Optional)
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane, Dropper) (You are also free making Donator maps)
  • Number of jumps (Optional)
I shall have a look at your map and will be posting my opinion later today on your map <3
Have a nice rest of your day!

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 38
Hey! I know there are some maps already about ancient times and Rome, so its a bit of an unoriginal theme. Plus, like @Jash said, this is not the proper format. I hope you can make some better maps soon :)

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Heya Germanicus!
Just going to be giving my opinion here; keep in mind that I am not a map judge.

The BUILD is lacking in detail and depth, therefore I would advise you to create a more solid build that matches the theme more fluidly.

The THEME of your map is unoriginal as we already have Ancient Greek themed maps here on Manacube. When coming up with a theme I'd advise you to check over this document here: Maps List - this shows all the accepted maps on ManaCube to date, with their themes to allow you to see if a theme is already on the server.

Now onto the PARKOUR; try to incorporate this around a 'main build'. Also, try to keep block variation consistent throughout and don't clump it together. I'd recommend you check this document here: Jump Variation - this will allow you to grasp a better understanding of what I mean by jump/block variation. The parkour matches the difficulty and length of an easy, so good work on that.

Other than that, I wish you all the best with your submission and future ones!
Best Regards.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Germanicus12,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is a bit original; we do have one existing Rome map already but it is not executed like this.
The build is lacking in both detail and depth; therefore, I would advise you try to create more of a "main build" to incorporate your parkour within and around; a focal point of your map.
The parkour matches the difficulty and length of an easy, so good work on that. The parkour jumps are repetitive; thus, I would advise you to use a wider palette of blocks within your jumps, blocks such as flower pots, player heads, slime blocks, iron bars, glass panes and piston heads for example![Jash]

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.