Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: alxcepher
Map Name: Factory
Plot: 92;-71
Difficulty: Easy/Medium
Jumps: 58

I was going for easy difficulty, but there's 58 jumps, so it could be either.
2020-04-28_20.37.10.png 2020-04-28_20.37.20.png 2020-04-28_20.37.56.png 2020-04-28_20.39.20.png 2020-04-28_20.39.29.png 2020-04-28_20.39.41.png
This is my first time ever making a map, so I won't be surprised if it's rejected. At least it's building experience! All feedback is appreciated! :)

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, my personal recommendation is in the [Plot] question in the map submissions format I would suggest that you add a direct teleport command to your plot, for example, this is the location of your plot (/plot v alxecepher 1) It's much easier for Map Judges to head over to your map submission and review it. For an easy/medium map you've got a fair amount of parkour jumps and from my perspective, that amount for this difficulty is quite satisfactory, (no pun intended). Personally, before going further into detail I believe that you could make a more creative name for your submission instead of just 'factory' sadly there already is a factory map in parkour so your map isn't quite original.

Details ~ This part is one of the most essentials parts of map submissions other than the parkour, sadly your factory doesn't seem to have much detail at all and just seems like a world edited box made out of stone bricks and some small cobblestone towers on the roof. I'm not here just to criticize you and honestly, I believe that with enough dedication to the task you could really spruce up your build with more block variety, for example possibly grey concrete, cracked bricks, windows, different colored/mixed smoke, etc.

Block variety ~ Personally, in my opinion, your parkour jumps are quite basic and need more detail/block variety to keep your submission interesting. For example adding soul sand jumps, enchantment tables, slabs, ladder jumps, head hitters, slime jumps, etc to really add that bit of color and detail to your build!

You've got a little ways to go but I believe that with determination you can make it there, good luck! :)

Ratings
Hey there, my personal recommendation is in the [Plot] question in the map submissions format I would suggest that you add a direct teleport command to your plot, for example, this is the location of your plot (/plot v alxecepher 1) It's much easier for Map Judges to head over to your map submission and review it. For an easy/medium map you've got a fair amount of parkour jumps and from my perspective, that amount for this difficulty is quite satisfactory, (no pun intended). Personally, before going further into detail I believe that you could make a more creative name for your submission instead of just 'factory' sadly there already is a factory map in parkour so your map isn't quite original.

Details ~ This part is one of the most essentials parts of map submissions other than the parkour, sadly your factory doesn't seem to have much detail at all and just seems like a world edited box made out of stone bricks and some small cobblestone towers on the roof. I'm not here just to criticize you and honestly, I believe that with enough dedication to the task you could really spruce up your build with more block variety, for example possibly grey concrete, cracked bricks, windows, different colored/mixed smoke, etc.

Block variety ~ Personally, in my opinion, your parkour jumps are quite basic and need more detail/block variety to keep your submission interesting. For example adding soul sand jumps, enchantment tables, slabs, ladder jumps, head hitters, slime jumps, etc to really add that bit of color and detail to your build!

You've got a little ways to go but I believe that with determination you can make it there, good luck! :)
Honestly, this reply alone gave me a better perspective on my submission. Just a big thank you. I'm honestly so glad you could give me so much advice especially on my first ever submission. Unnecessary reply, I know, but I just wanted to quickly say thank you. :D

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello alxepher,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have two maps relating to factories (AbandonedFactory, XmasFactory.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is accurate to how a factory might look in real life, so good job on that! However, it is a bit plain on the outside, so I would recommend incorporating other types of blocks in your build so there is more variety!
The parkour has a decent amount of variety, so good job on that! However, the length is a bit long for an easy map. Try to make your map shorter so that it fits the difficulty better!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.