Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

I'm going to give you some critiques on your map. While I am a parkour mod, I am not a map judge, so take my critiques as those of a player as opposed to a staff member.

I'm going to give this map a -1. The theme is original I believe (I did a nice ctrl + f in the parkour list and nothing like this came up when I searched chair). I think the build is nice so well done.
My main issue is the parkour. The jumps you included are way to difficult for ManaCube to accept at the moment (hopefully we can see something like those in the future at some point), and the varied parkour you described (13 very difficult jumps with a bunch of medium ones inbetween) isn't a good idea. Try to build the parkour so it's all about the same difficulty with a very limited number of filler jumps.

For future reference, I would also include the total number of jumps instead of just the hard ones, and also it's nice to get a number of checkpoints on the map in the description as well.

To summarize, I think this could get accepted if you reworked the parkour to all be the same difficulty and not be THAT hard. Have a great day!

The jumps you included are way to difficult for ManaCube to accept
Most of these jumps arent even too bad, mainly just the p2p and f2f, maybe the 5-1 to someone who isn't experienced with 45 strafes. If I switch the f2f to a cw to short cw and the p2p to a p2p around chest, do you think there's a chance it gets accepted, assuming I rework the transition jumps?

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Most of these jumps arent even too bad, mainly just the p2p and f2f, maybe the 5-1 to someone who isn't experienced with 45 strafes. If I switch the f2f to a cw to short cw and the p2p to a p2p around chest, do you think there's a chance it gets accepted, assuming I rework the transition jumps?
Well if you're thinking of hard/expert you would have to bump that up to an insane unless you massively nerfed the hard jumps. I'm mostly concerned about these two jumps in particular: https://prnt.sc/ubw63a and https://prnt.sc/ubw6aq. If you're looking to submit a hard difficulty map, that's the first difficulty when they start incorporating double neos (just to give you some perspective), and they also don't allow jumps that require 45 strafes yet (happyheart asked about it and that's the answer he got). I still think you have to massively nerf a lot of those or just nerf them but bring the rest of the jump difficulty up to those standards to have a chance.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello big_chungaz,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, as we don't have any maps of this theme, so good job on that!
The build is accurate to what you are going for, and there are a decent amount of details to be seen throughout. I can tell that a lot of effort went into this!
The parkour is the main concern. The difficulty is very inconsistent. As mentioned above, try having one map either consistently difficult or consistently easier. The parkour is a bit varied throughout, so good job on that. If you rework the parkour, I think this has potential! You are welcome to resubmit anytime.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.