Rejected Map Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Fautical
Map Name: Bandit Dash
Screenshots: eventually got there. (I hope the main one got there over the cave one.)
Coords: (I don't know how to bring up the warp name, or if there even is one) X: -13279 Z: 300
Difficulty: Easy

Thanks for taking the time to review this and flying out to see it.

Attachments

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Fautical,

I'm not here to review your map as a judge, I'm merely giving you my opinion. For starters, the warp/tp to the plot with your map is /plot v fautical 1. By looking at the little menu to your right when you're on your plot, you'll know which number it is. Also, you should make the beginning of the map more obvious. The theme isn't that original, there is already a similar map by the name of Western. The build is not amazing, it's hard on the eyes and it looks disorganized. The parkour was too long for an easy although the difficulty was somewhat adequate. It's important to fit the jump and difficulty requirement for each difficulty to maintain a balance. The parkour lacked variation, it was incredibly linear and repetitive. You have to use different blocks and jumps or else you're map will come off as unenjoyable. Also, there are some skips you should address (pictures down below). It was a great attempt, I wish you the best of luck in the future!

Skips:

Thanks for bringing my attention to that skip. I hoped I fixed everything but I just did not see that one. I should've checked the maps to see if there was one already like it. As for the length, I actually made it longer because I thought it was too short. Guess as I was wrong. I remember while making it that I even thought the gameplay was just not interesting enough. That's why I tried to make the landscape somewhat enjoyable, (guess you didn't like it) which is why you jump along the bridge and a few more things. This was my first attempt. It was not going to be good. Since the theme is so similar to another, I'm wondering whether not only should I change it, but start over. I'll have to look at this map 'Western.'

I really appreciate the feedback, thanks!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Fautical,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is somewhat original, there are a couple of similar maps (Western - Hard for example) but none exactly like this.
The build isn't bad, it is a bit small, so I would suggest possibly making it a bit bigger so you can fit some more details in, however you did add some nice details which make it an accurate build.
The parkour is a bit repetitive, especially near the beginning. You did use a few different styles of jumps throughout the map, however you did group a lot of the jumps. What I mean by this, is that you would have a sequence of just normal block jumps, then just ladders etc. Try to mix up your jumps a bit more throughout your map, as well as possibly experimenting with a larger variety of blocks and items, this will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
You did implement the parkour into the build well, with little to no floating jumps, which is good.
There were a couple of minor skips throughout your map, these can be fixed by a map judge if your map gets accepted, however it's still something to be careful of.
The difficulty is good for an easy map, but the length is more suited to a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.