Rejected Migration PK - Bear and Goose (Resub) by Wafflethecat (Easy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
This is a Re submission of this PK without the TARDIS so it can be properly judged. Map statistics:

Rank - Easy

Creator - Wafflethecat

Jumps - About 26

Location - My third plot (./plot visit Wafflethecat 3)

Screenshots -

Attachments

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
This map has been placed into reviewing, as I need to consult my fellow parkour staff on this map and whether it shall be accepted or rejected.

Positives:

Your map presents a unique and educational theme, which is shown in both an interesting and fun way, while not being too intrusive to the actual jumps of the parkour.

The map fits the difficulty well and has enough checkpoints to make the map easy enough for those new players getting to grips with parkour.

Negatives:

Despite your theme being about animals, I'm surprised to see the animals are not at all used as parkour set-pieces. They exist as scenery, which disguises a simple jump to the next floating island style of parkour, which has been used in a multitude of maps. The lack of parkour on the animals makes them feel insignificant.

No flowers in the grass. Seriously, when you have grass, either plant flowers on bonemeal the grass to high heaven.

~ Billy

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
This map has been placed into reviewing, as I need to consult my fellow parkour staff on this map and whether it shall be accepted or rejected.

Positives:

Your map presents a unique and educational theme, which is shown in both an interesting and fun way, while not being too intrusive to the actual jumps of the parkour.

The map fits the difficulty well and has enough checkpoints to make the map easy enough for those new players getting to grips with parkour.

Negatives:

Despite your theme being about animals, I'm surprised to see the animals are not at all used as parkour set-pieces. They exist as scenery, which disguises a simple jump to the next floating island style of parkour, which has been used in a multitude of maps. The lack of parkour on the animals makes them feel insignificant.

No flowers in the grass. Seriously, when you have grass, either plant flowers on bonemeal the grass to high heaven.

~ Billy
Hey Billy. I am thankful that this is put in the reviewing stage, and I want to clarify some things. I understand that the simple jump to the other island is used commonly, I know it is a risk to use it. I have added some flowers and grass to the islands. And the reason I did not use the animals as parkour is I did not want to mess up their design, and I tried to keep it as if they were living animals, as a sane person would not go jumping on a live goose or bear.

PrestonTheSlime

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
97 13
Hello Waffle, Congrats on making it to reviewing!
Unfortunately, your map has been rejected.
Reasons for rejection:
-The islands were dull, after being given the advice of bone mealing and flowering the islands you only did it to one.
-Stone is hardly used in the map, making it a bad choice to use for transportation.
-As Billy said, floating islands are a commonly used thing which bothers players but if you were to give the islands a bit more terrain it would be ten fold better.
What I liked:
-I've always liked the idea of education and gaming.
-While the map is short. The difficulty of the jumps makes it a nice easy map.
-The animals were funnily amazing.
What you can improve on:
-Terrain
-Maybe add a pathway like it's an artificial exhibit?
-Expand the small islands
Remember: You can re-submit your map if you feel the need after you have fixed some of the things pointed out above.
I wish you luck on improving this and or future maps,
~Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.