Not open for further replies.
Ratings
builder: sharkship
ID : /plot 1 Sharkship // /plot 1 -97;109 // /plot 1 modern parkour
difficulty: expert
number of jumps: 67
image:
2020-08-23_15.46.16.png
a semi difficult map filled with straif jumps/neos, ladder jumps, head hitters and of course the normal jumps. this map has quite a few unique jumps and would probably take the average player about 30 minutes, I feel like the rating should be expert but it can be something elso if its too hard or difficult

Last edited:

Yorden_0

VIP
Yorden_0
Yorden_0
VIP
Ratings
I don't think this map will get accepted. There is no main build to the map, which makes it look somewhat messy. In addition to this, there are many inconsistencies in the difficulty of jumps; you have a few 1 +1 jumps near the start, and then a series of x-facing single neos at the end. After playing this map, I found that many jumps were just repeated over and over. You used a series of trapdoor headhitters, a series of normal headhitters, a series of neos. Finally, the end of the map was incredibly boring to play; just a very long ladder. To improve this part, you could maybe introduce a few breaks in the ladder, a few ladder +1s and ladder +2s wouldn't hurt, and if you were going for a harder map, maybe throw in a few ladder neos.

Aside from that, I found the ladder section after the trapdoors very interesting to play. I very much liked the idea of forcing the player to drop down, and then making them perform another drop to avoid a glass pane. These jumps could be made harder by making the ladders shorter. Also, the map was a bit short to be considered expert difficulty, I would consider it a hard medium, or an easy hard.

In conclusion, you used interesting jumps, but in repetitive ways, often making them annoying to do, although the shorter sequences of jumps were very fun to play, particularly the ladder section. I would also recommend making a central build first, and then building the parkour around it.

Happy Map Making!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello sharkship,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. There isn't really a theme here, as the map is just a bunch of floating jumps and structures. In the future, make sure you have a unique theme and a main build that the parkour is on, around, or inside. You can check for themes on the Parkour List to make sure your idea is original before you start building.

The parkour is pretty unbalanced and doesn't really fit the expert difficulty much at all. There were some jumps that suited an easy map and others that were suitable for a hard or maybe an expert map. In addition, the map is also too short overall. Expert maps are around 80 jumps on average. The parkour is somewhat varied, but not mixed well at all. By this, I mean that you used many different kinds of jumps, but they would all come right in a row and were identifiable by section (the ladder section, the headhitter section, etc.). Use many kinds of blocks and jumps all throughout your map in the future and mix them around to make a unique and interesting course in the future.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.