Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Heya crazydog!

I shall be giving my opinion here if you don't mind; just a heads up, I am not a map judge, this is just my personal opinion!

The THEME of your map is unoriginal as we already have Island themed maps on Manacube. When coming up with a theme I'd advise you to check over this document here: Maps List - this shows all the accepted maps on ManaCube to date, with their themes to allow you to see if a theme is already on the server.

In regards to the BUILD, it is accurate to the theme, so good work on that. More detail could be added throughout as well, however, that's just a little tip!

In regards to the PARKOUR, it is mainly floating! I would advise you to create a "main build", a focus point of your map to closely incorporate your parkour within and closely surrounding. The course fits the difficulty of an easy but has the length of a medium. This is not an issue, but would be nice to see this balanced out; try to make the difficulty more consistent and smooth throughout. Another thing is that your block variation in your jumps is unvaried. I'd recommend you check this document here: Jump Variation - this will allow you to grasp a better understanding of what I mean by jump/block variation. Just ensure that you are using variation throughout the course to keep it enjoyable!

Other than this, there are no issues!
Cheers!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello thecrazydog_,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we have several maps based around the "Tree" theme. Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here.
The build is accurate to the theme, so good work on this. However, I would advise you create a 'main build' for you to incorporate your parkour within and closely surrounding. This will allow you to localize your parkour closely to your build, so that less of it is floating.
The parkour is mainly floating which is typically no longer accepted . The course fits the difficulty of an easy and is the length of a medium, therefore I would advise you balance this out to fit solely one. Finally, there is a lack of blocks used for your jumps, I advise you use blocks such as fence gates, doors, trapdoors, piston heads, player heads and ice to make your parkour feel more fluid and enjoyable.[Jash]

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.