• Total voters

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
I made a new minigame! You can play it at /warp KOTH :D
Reminder: the items (enderpearl and jump boost slime balls) might run out so if that happens you should message me, but please don't purposefully wear them out! :D

Warning: if you host your own games please leave at least 1 minute between them, the timers work on a hopper basis and need 45 seconds to reset (at least).

Thank you to everyone who helped me test this game and to everyone who plays it for fun :D

Feel free to read the 'How to Play' section in /warp KOTH, or continue here.

My KOTH (King of the Hill) game has one objective, collect as many items as you can during the 3 minutes of playtime and the person with the most items wins! You use a grappling hook as your main weapon to knock players back on impact of the rod, and if you wait a second and reel them back in you get a much stronger effect. You also get some additional movement items consisting of 2 slime ball jump boost items which when right clicked give jump boost for 30 seconds, and you also get an enderpearl.

To start the game make sure one player is in the 'HUB' corner, they can press the button on the ceiling when everyone is ready. Once you get your items, type /top if you have MVP to spawn in your corner, or /p h EmperorBonaparte 6 to spawn up there if you don't.

The game ending is marked with a tune from some note blocks, but once the dispenser stops dropping items, you can count up!

If you'd like you can keep the items but it would be helpful if you could return them near the signature section at /warp KOTH!

RULES

Disallowed Commands - You aren't allowed to use: /fly, /sethome, /warp or /tpa in particular, but no commands except for /kittycannon should be used anyway! If something gives you an unfair advantage it probably isn't allowed! Play fair :D
Disallowed Items - You shouldn't use boots with gears or anti-grav on them, also you shouldn't have a speed pickaxe, nor any potions.
Allowed Commands - /kittycannon is allowed! (but useless)

You can play games if I offer them in chat (look for EmperorBonaparte) for free, and I can supply the grappling hooks for the duration of the game! If I don't offer one but am online feel free to ask. It is very simple to play if you know the rules with me playing. I can start the game and explain anything that isn't understood!

I realise that many people will want to host their own game, so I've made that possible! To host a game, your own grappling hooks are required, which are got from /rebirthing. If you do not have a grappling hook and want to play without me then you will need to buy one, do the rebirth or borrow one! To start the game make sure one player is in the 'HUB' spot and they can start the game with the button on the ceiling when everyone is ready.

ITEMS

Grappling Hook - You use the grappling hook as your weapon, if it lands on a block and you reel it in, you will fly towards that spot, if you hit someone with the projectile, it will knock them backwards (you can spam this attack), however if you let it connect to them and reel them in, they will fly backwards to knock them off the hill!
Jump Boost - The Jump Boost Slime Balls give 30 seconds of jump boost when right clicked, I have seen some confusion of where I got them from, you can buy them at /warp plots with the 'Fruit Merchant'!
Enderpearl - Works as a normal enderpearl, simply throw it to the centre to quickly get back. If you throw your enderpearl too far back and leave the arena, use /p h EmperorBonaparte 6 to get back!
/kittycannon - /kittycannon is very ineffective but is allowed, however you can only use it if you are MVP (i think).

Warning: This is incredibly boring and most people won't care.
Just in case you're interested about how the redstone works, I left a hole in the ceiling for you to check it out, but I'll describe it here generally!

The pressure plate in each corner does nothing more than block other players from entering and turning off the open/closed light!

The Ready/Not Ready buttons in each corner work using a t flip-flop which runs back into the lamp, however these are useless, I intented to make the game only start with everyone ready but I would have needed a lot of logic to make the game start with a set number of players etc etc. so left it useless ;D

The start game button first runs around the plot and drops items for everyone, the start game button also starts the first 1.5 minute timer.

The timers are the most complex part of the system, to fit an automatically resetting double 45 second hopper timer into a height of 2-3 blocks was quite challenging! For a version of this clock with the same logic but more height, go to /p h EmperorBonaparte 3. The hopper clocks work by using the slow hopper speed on olympus, I wanted a three minute timer and by chance it took 9 seconds for each stack of items to travel through a hopper. Using this, I made a 1.5 minute timer using 2 iterations of the transferring of items. This works with a redstone block blocking the items from moving back the other way and a comparator checking where the items are. I managed to stop the clocks from running outside of the game with a redstone torch beneath which turns on with a t flip-flop and is turned back off after the game is over.

The end of the first hopper timer sets off another t flip-flop which enables the second 1.5 minute timer (which automatically resets at the end), the second timer works just as the first does but at the end it triggers the end of the clock which controls the items dropping.

The items dropping is controlled by a hopper clock with 2 hoppers and 1 item, which is turned on by a t flip-flop which blocks the items from moving when it is off. The end of the second timer will turn this off again.

I hope you enjoy playing my minigame! Please try it out and have fun! :D If I made any errors in this guide or if you find a problem/glitch with the KOTH, please tell me in a comment on this post. I tried to make a self-explanatory minigame which worked in Olympus without needing much skill, and I hope it makes for a fun game!

Last edited: