/nickcreate suggestion idea

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
hi hello
a bunch of people have trouble remembering how to make nicknames, and then with all the color codes and then with the order to add bold and stuff, it can get really confusing.

I think there should be some kind of interactive gui, /nickcreate, that allows you to easily create the nick you want with the propper formats.
I'm not too sure how this would work, but if you've ever used mcstacker you know this menu.
Maybe /nickcreate can be inspired by this. For each character of the nick you can click a + and then add the colors and format, and then at the top it shows the final product. And once you click "done" or something it gets applied.
1619987506882.png

I think this would be super helpful. Explaining to people how to use the codes isn't hard, but I don't see why not to add this.

What do you think?

Mellysz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mel1y
Mel1y
ELITE
Ratings
190 7
This is a great idea but if not this please at least add a command that shows color codes to every gamemode

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
I mean… Google?

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Hello,

I think that this idea is good in theory, but for a GUI of this type would be, in my opinion, more complex than just typing the codes. I understand that the idea would be to create something easy, but to make it that way, it would need to be only on one page, and I haven't seen a plugin like it; maybe they could type the word/letter in chat, and then it could chose a color? It seems unneccicarily complex. But I would like to see one if it could be done easily!

-Wings

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
Hello,

I think that this idea is good in theory, but for a GUI of this type would be, in my opinion, more complex than just typing the codes. I understand that the idea would be to create something easy, but to make it that way, it would need to be only on one page, and I haven't seen a plugin like it; maybe they could type the word/letter in chat, and then it could chose a color? It seems unneccicarily complex. But I would like to see one if it could be done easily!

-Wings
OMG!! welcome back wings!!! missed you!

i do agree it'd be pretty complex and probably not worth it, but text editors aren't really hard to make and i think itd be a pretty neat feature. the 'in chat' idea is really good! i never thought of that as an option but that could certainly work too!

I feel honored to be the first person you reply to on this return! i hope you stay! oh, and get ready for the new sb season!

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
OMG!! welcome back wings!!! missed you!

i do agree it'd be pretty complex and probably not worth it, but text editors aren't really hard to make and i think itd be a pretty neat feature. the 'in chat' idea is really good! i never thought of that as an option but that could certainly work too!

I feel honored to be the first person you reply to on this return! i hope you stay! oh, and get ready for the new sb season!
Thank you very much! It's good to be back.

Most GUI's that server devs like to use mostly utilize the chat feature to make the GUI easier and less complex. It's a great idea, since there really isn't any clear indication to use color codes unless you ask around.

I'm super excited for the new season!

-Wingy Boi