Name: Order of the Ores
Difficulty: Medium (possibly hard)
ID: -98;101
2020-07-04_14.13.00.png
2020-07-04_14.13.14.png
2020-07-04_14.13.21.png
2020-07-04_14.13.39.png

Last edited:
It's parkour with the ores going from coal, iron, gold, diamond, and emerald, each with increasing difficulty, just in case if you don't get it.

Pulty

Pulty
Pulty
Ratings
I'm not a judge, this is just a mapmaker's opinion

Theme 2/5; While there may not be specifically any ore themed maps, there's plenty of minecraft and mining related maps, (which center around ores) such as but not limited to: GoldMine, Mineshaft, GreatCavern, SaltMines, MinecartRider, Mine (Donator), UnusualCave, LavaCavern, AbandonedCave, GoldMinePK, Cave Jumper, Threading the needle, Mineshaft (The Falling Maps, Mineshaft (Biomes Dropper)

Build 1/5; There is no central build to this map. There's four walls and a bunch of floating blocks. I'm guessing you got inspiration from some of the old maps, which are very bad examples of maps. Look at /warp beta to see what kind of maps get accepted nowadays. Further reason for a classic maps update.

Parkour 2/5; The parkour is sort of built into the build, though most of it is floating blocks. Also you only used ladders and solid blocks. Try using soul sand, trapdoors, enchantment tables, anvils, slabs, daylight censors, vines, brewing stands, carpet, heads, cobblestone walls, fences, glass panes, etc.

I'm sorry this review was harsh, but I personally doubt this map will get accepted in its current form. Good luck with your future maps!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey AJCooper88,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of ore/MC block-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't see any build on this map. You just made parkour. I don't count the two or three walls as actual structures. You can't just make a map that's parkour and nothing else. We want to have builds that invite the player to do the parkour on them. This is just very unimaginative and unattractive.
  • Parkour: The map is way too long for the medium difficulty. It's roughly ~90 jumps. Medium maps are supposed to be between 40-60 jumps. So, you're gonna have to cut back on the number of jumps by a lot. It was hard enough for the medium difficulty though. The other problem with the parkour was how linear and repetitive it was. You would just use the same block for like 20-30 jumps with the same jump most of the time (1b-3b's). It just wasn't fun to do. You need to be more creative.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.