guyseth

Dedicated Member
PATRON
guyseth
guyseth
Patron
Ratings
108 3
Hey Graphite! I would like to add my 10 cents here. and keep in mind I am not a judge. The theme is a great idea as I have not played a map about pancakes anywhere. The build is okay, with the context of the map name I can tell what it is. The tray underneath the plate doesn't quite look right (probably cause I haven't seen any irl like it). The parkour is fun and fitting for an easy course in my opinion. I don't know if it properly gives justice to the build, mostly staying inside or around the syrup bottle and pancake stack. I would have liked to see more vertical progress in the map. The slimes felt a bit overused with there being 5 slimes in a 21 jump map. Overall I had a fun time looking and playing through this map, and hope that the judges will too. Good luck graphite!

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
Hey Graphite! I would like to add my 10 cents here. and keep in mind I am not a judge. The theme is a great idea as I have not played a map about pancakes anywhere. The build is okay, with the context of the map name I can tell what it is. The tray underneath the plate doesn't quite look right (probably cause I haven't seen any irl like it). The parkour is fun and fitting for an easy course in my opinion. I don't know if it properly gives justice to the build, mostly staying inside or around the syrup bottle and pancake stack. I would have liked to see more vertical progress in the map. The slimes felt a bit overused with there being 5 slimes in a 21 jump map. Overall I had a fun time looking and playing through this map, and hope that the judges will too. Good luck graphite!
Do you mean the plate…? The brick patterned surface was just meant for avoiding a floating build. I honestly do agree with the slime comments tho, at the time they felt natural

guyseth

Dedicated Member
PATRON
guyseth
guyseth
Patron
Ratings
108 3
Do you mean the plate…? The brick patterned surface was just meant for avoiding a floating build. I honestly do agree with the slime comments tho, at the time they felt natural
I was talking about the brick patterned surface I think it could be made more to look like a lunch tray or something (not the biggest deal)
one thing I forgot to mention last time is that some of the signs are missing words. this could just be a bug on my end but its worth double checking.
pancakes review 1.png
pancakes review 2.png

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
I was talking about the brick patterned surface I think it could be made more to look like a lunch tray or something (not the biggest deal)
one thing I forgot to mention last time is that some of the signs are missing words. this could just be a bug on my end but its worth double checking.
View attachment 49457 View attachment 49458
I theorized having it as a lunch tray, but the ones that i’ve always been familiar with were either white styrofoam (clashing with the white plate) or a beige tray (clashing with the color of the pancakes themselves) i just decided it would be better to have a somewhat acceptable surface, which is seen in other maps as well

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
I theorized having it as a lunch tray, but the ones that i’ve always been familiar with were either white styrofoam (clashing with the white plate) or a beige tray (clashing with the color of the pancakes themselves) i just decided it would be better to have a somewhat acceptable surface, which is seen in other maps as well[/QUOTE
idk what’s going on with the signs, because i can always read them fine, 1.8.9, but everyone else says they have issues reading them

guyseth

Dedicated Member
PATRON
guyseth
guyseth
Patron
Ratings
108 3
I theorized having it as a lunch tray, but the ones that i’ve always been familiar with were either white styrofoam (clashing with the white plate) or a beige tray (clashing with the color of the pancakes themselves) i just decided it would be better to have a somewhat acceptable surface, which is seen in other maps as well
fair I hadn't seen the original renditions of the tray but i can believe that it clashed in one way or another, the signs could be a pretty big issue though and may be more common than just you. Could a map judge look into this?

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,322 25
Hello SlrGraphite and Berry_Blue145,

Your map will now be marked as ongoing; I have reviewed your map and it will now be discussed among map judges. This may take time, so please be patient. This thread will be closed from responses.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,322 25
Hello SlrGraphite and Berry_Blue145,

I am happy to inform you that your map is being accepted!
The theme is original, well done.
The build is accurate to what you were going for with enough details.
The parkour is varied throughout, fun to play, and fits the easy difficulty nicely.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.