Rejected Parkour Map: Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information:

Name: Car

Difficulty: Medium/Hard (I'm not sure so help by testing and telling me which one you think)

Jumps: 58

Checkpoints: 3

Link in-game: /plot home:2 vexrz

Pictures: (coming in 2 days as I am a new user)

fribe

Dedicated Member
ELITE
fribe
fribe
ELITE
Ratings
132 9
Hey Vexrz, it is obvious a lot of effort was put into this map which is a big plus, but overall it looks quite messy. It looks more of a toy car then it does real, and there is already a hard course that is a toy car. The jumps are decent, it is a large variety which is good, but the variety you mainly went for is difficulty, some jumps you would see on an easy map and others you would see on an expert/insane. Overall the map is okay, it does need some work. Try to fix the negatives that I listed above. Good luck! :D

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hello Vexrz,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

Points that influenced the decision:
- The theme has been around a couple of times before but that still does mean you need to build it in an original way.
- The build looks quite similar to the toy car course we already have. It would be boring to see the same type of courses over and over again, so make sure you try and make it as original as you can. I also recommend adding in details along with smoothing the rough edges, to make the course more appealing to look at.
- The jumps are decent, but I feel like there could be more variety. Think of all the type of jumps there are and make interesting combinations, to keep it challenging and fun. Also make sure your jumps are more incorporated with the build, so that it looks way less messy. Currently the jumps are floating blocks all around (except for the inside of the car) and it looks messy and not that great to look at. Make sure to use the build you have and build on top of it, under and inside, rather than randomly around. This bumps the quality of the course up a lot quickly.
- The length would suit a medium course, especially with the type of jumps and checkpoint placement.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)

Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.