Rejected Parkour map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I just finished my map. Can you look at it?
Name:Desert Islands
Jumps:129
Difficulty:Expert-Insane
My Ign: MCMadmax

I’d: 70;-102

image.jpg

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Hi, as far as I’m aware, there is already an easy map called Desert (what I would say is the closest map to your map). Here are all the themes related to sand in manacube at the moment:
0344E128-71D0-4848-AD1A-33351D3A43F9.jpeg
It’s a nice build and a good idea however this lowers the chance of it being accepted unfortunately.
Next time I would recommend looking at this before building:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/mobilebasic
This is a document with all the maps created. I hope this helps in the future.
I would also in the future not recommend having floating islands and instead one solid build as floating island maps tend not to be accepted anymore.

In regards to what I’ve said, I have not been in game and tested the map and done the parkour so I cannot make any judgment on that!
Good luck on the verdict and best of wishes, Chicken

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey MCMadmax,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of desert-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. It's floating desert islands and floating parkour. When making a map, you want to have at least one central build that is supposed to convey your theme. When you have a bunch of islands like these, it all feels very cluttered and all over the place. And, it doesn't help that the islands themselves are very bland. Furthermore, you have to integrate your parkour to your build better as you can't just have it floating all around aimlessly. It tends to limit the build's attractiveness by quite a lot.
  • Parkour: The parkour did not fit the expert/insane difficulty. Even though it was long enough for insane, it was not hard at all. If anything, this map is a hard-difficulty map. So, you're gonna have to cut back on a lot of jumps to make it to that 60-80 jump range (or, you're always welcome to buff the entire map). Furthermore, the parkour felt very repetitive to do as you utilized a lot of the same jumps over and over again (for example, trapdoors and ladders). You need to be more creative when making parkour so that it is enjoyable to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.