Not open for further replies.
Username: randyripke
Map Name: Parkouring Through The Era's
Difficulty: Medium (Not Sure)
Jumps: Around 170-180
Plot ID: 92:94
1589245294274.png

1589245331438.png
Note: This parkour course is based upon slowly increasing your knowledge of parkour, introducing new jumps so it starts off easy, and gets much harder as you go on.

Thanks!

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
618 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme, I mean I've seen a lot of parkour themes similar to this, like different biomes, etc I mean your map certainly does look different but the theme sounds quite similar to other maps. Your map isn't really detailed and just has a lot of parkour blocks scattered around the map, I don't really see any interesting designs to make up for the lack of detail.

Difficulty/PK variety: For the parkour variety I believe your map submission is quite lacking in that section, your map has definitely got some interesting parkour jumps but they're basically in sections of the map and not evenly spread out, they've also pretty common jumps, try adding more fun jumps like floating water jumps, flower pot jumps, etc. Also for the number of jumps you've got way too many, for a medium map there would be 50 max in my opinion but you've made 170 about which is much more than INSANE maps, I suggest definitely cutting down a lot of your parkour.

Good luck! :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey randyripke,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED. Technically speaking, the theme "Parkouring Through The Era's" is original as we have no map that bears such a theme. But, there have definitely been previous attempts at the theme that have gotten rejected. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the work you put into the map, it's just that the execution of such a theme typically falls flat. And, this is no exception. The build is just segments of parkour, lacking a central focus, proper detailing, and attractiveness. It keeps going back to the theme not being a great one. The PK is far far too long for it to be a medium and the spikes in difficulty are really not pleasant. When playing a map of a certain difficulty, you want there to be uniformity in the difficulty. Furthermore, although the parkour isn't completely identical throughout, a lot of the time it was just the same type of jump being done repeatedly. When there is a lack of variety it makes the parkour really unenjoyable and incredibly linear. I hope you will take this feedback and improve upon it, I'd hate to not see more map submissions from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.