Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
712 117
A few days ago, if you had the invisibility effect on the Earth realm, you would not appear on the map. However, there has appeared to be a change in this to where you are now visible on the map even with the invisibility effect. This is a problem because newer players who have been on for more than 72 hours now have no protection for if they have to go into an area where PVP is enabled. Even worse, even more experienced players that don't have the best gear also are at risk if they have to go into PVP areas because some players' gear is incredibly good (I'm talking about full sva armor, heroic swords, even a couple of Bo Peep staffs, all kinds of OP items).

So I ask, Manacube, why did you remove this feature?

Arc4Fer

Forum Expert
ELITE
Arc4Fer
Arc4Fer
ELITE
Ratings
38 6
That was kind of op you could of just always have invisible potions on you and you would never be visible so your base would never be found ever, right?

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
712 117
not quite. if you were to go on the map, you'd see that the colored squares are towns. towns are the only way to claim land and make it difficult to grief. so even if your base is underground, you'd have to claim it to make sure people can't grief it.

Arc4Fer

Forum Expert
ELITE
Arc4Fer
Arc4Fer
ELITE
Ratings
38 6
I see what you mean but the player would be invisible and you could easily sneak up on someone who isn't invisible

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,208 304
A few days ago, if you had the invisibility effect on the Earth realm, you would not appear on the map. However, there has appeared to be a change in this to where you are now visible on the map even with the invisibility effect. This is a problem because newer players who have been on for more than 72 hours now have no protection for if they have to go into an area where PVP is enabled. Even worse, even more experienced players that don't have the best gear also are at risk if they have to go into PVP areas because some players' gear is incredibly good (I'm talking about full sva armor, heroic swords, even a couple of Bo Peep staffs, all kinds of OP items).

So I ask, Manacube, why did you remove this feature?
do /morph it takes u off the map

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
712 117
do /morph it takes u off the map
no. it doesn't work any more. they changed it so that if you are morphed or have invis you still show up on map.

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,208 304
no. it doesn't work any more. they changed it so that if you are morphed or have invis you still show up on map.
THEY WHAT THOSE TWATS

TeamJacob

Earth Mod+
Moderator+
TeamJacob
TeamJacob
Mod+
Ratings
287 17
Hey,

So the use of invisibility potions and being able to morph to hide yourself on the map was a bug that was recently patched. Players are not meant to be able to hide themselves on the map.

Earth has always been designed as a PvP based realm. That is the reasoning for item drop in the wild along with the siege war addition. Patching the bug that allows players to morph or use invisibility potions in the wild actually makes it more fair, since now everyone will be able to be seen on the map, no matter your "knowledge" of bugs on the realm.

My best advice to you is that if you're worried about dying when you're out in the wild is to claim the land in the area surrounding you, or make more allies to back you up in case you get attacked.

Best,
TeamJacob

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
712 117
I see what you mean but the player would be invisible and you could easily sneak up on someone who isn't invisible
but that's not a problem. basically anyone with a rank or more than 7 hours of playtime could make themselves invisible, and usually those 7 hours can come before the 72 hour threshold is reached. so really this isn't a problem

NEJIRE HADO

Forum God
ELITE
SHREK53
SHREK53
ELITE
Ratings
1,208 304
Hey,

So the use of invisibility potions and being able to morph to hide yourself on the map was a bug that was recently patched. Players are not meant to be able to hide themselves on the map.

Earth has always been designed as a PvP based realm. That is the reasoning for item drop in the wild along with the siege war addition. Patching the bug that allows players to morph or use invisibility potions in the wild actually makes it more fair, since now everyone will be able to be seen on the map, no matter your "knowledge" of bugs on the realm.

My best advice to you is that if you're worried about dying when you're out in the wild is to claim the land in the area surrounding you, or make more allies to back you up in case you get attacked.

Best,
TeamJacob
so what if its a bug? we should still be able to hide on the damn map

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
712 117
so what if its a bug? we should still be able to hide on the damn map
Honestly, from staff's POV this is a completely busted bug that could ruin the experience for some players; what I'm saying doesn't mean I support this bug fix, it's just that staff probably see it as an unwanted bug that could ruin the game for some.

Arc4Fer

Forum Expert
ELITE
Arc4Fer
Arc4Fer
ELITE
Ratings
38 6
Honestly, from staff's POV this is a completely busted bug that could ruin the experience for some players; what I'm saying doesn't mean I support this bug fix, it's just that staff probably see it as an unwanted bug that could ruin the game for some.
Yeah true

JASO0ON

Forum Legend
ELITE
JASO0ON
JASO0ON
ELITE
Ratings
362 108
I agree tbh, most servers allow players to not show on map at all times so I don't think an invis potion being able to do that is that bad