Rejected Pride Parade - Expert Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to stop by this build to have a look at its difficulty and decorations, and honestly it looks great for an expert map and all the decorations are spot on especially the starting tunnel. I would rate this a 9/10 and if this doesn't make it to the real game ill be quite upset.

Ratings
I decided to stop by this build to have a look at its difficulty and decorations, and honestly it looks great for an expert map and all the decorations are spot on especially the starting tunnel. I would rate this a 9/10 and if this doesn't make it to the real game ill be quite upset.
thanks lad

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey FeelMyAussiePing, EbokTD, AttenBrad, MustafaGaming

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although I do like the theme you guys took, it wasn't portrayed accurately enough to set it apart from our pride-themed map "2020Pride" or rainbow-themed maps. If you theme your map around a pride parade, make it look like there's a parade happening that's really screaming LGBTQ+ pride! :)
  • Build: As I mentioned above, the build did not properly portray the theme. It was basically just floating parkour with pixel art rainbow/rainbow flag. It did not do justice to the theme or look attractive. Try to focus on actually setting up a build that looks like a parade and then integrate your parkour into it, I'd love to see that. Note: Pixel art can not be the main build style used in your map, it's an outdated style.
  • Parkour: The parkour was long enough for the expert difficulty but the actual difficulty of it varied from segment to segment. There are fitting segments and overly easy segments present within the parkour. For example, the parkour before the rainbow is pretty straightforward and easy to do while the end is a little more complex. Just take a look at your parkour again to make sure you maintain a certain level of difficulty throughout. Furthermore, the other issue present within the parkour is variety. Sometimes, while doing your parkour, I got really bored. Some examples of this was the ice segment before the rainbow or all of the ladder segments on it. Try to make every checkpoint have proper variation so that it's fun to do!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.