Rejected Pumpkin Hill (Map Submission)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Plot ID -91;81
47 Jumps
Difficulty Easy
I made Pumpkin Hill from Sonic Adventure 2. It's actually one of my shorter maps, when you look at the jump count.
Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 8.00.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 8.01.20 PM.png

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey King_fuff,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although we do have some Sonic-related maps on our server, none are themed after this specific zone from the game. Hence why I believe this to be an originally themed map submission. Good job on coming up with something unique!
  • Build: Personally, I think the build could do much better. This just really does not look like Pumpkin Hill. These are just three floating cylinders and not much else. The actual zone from the game has terrain, a central structure, among a bunch of other things. You need to remember that you have to convey your theme through your build and when you don't, you're left with this. Take my advice and give the zone from Sonic another look and reimagine how to execute it in MineCraft.
  • Parkour: The parkour was much more fitting for the medium difficulty in both length and difficulty. It's really just not an easy difficulty map. Furthermore, in all honesty, the parkour felt very repetitive. You re-used a lot of the same types of jumps, be it ladder or water jumps or something else. It just isn't fun to do the same thing over and over again. Try to incorporate a wider variety of jump types within your parkour to maximize enjoyment.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.