WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
Username: WICKEDMagma

Map name: Punching Bag

Photos of your Parkour:
1600649754310.png

Plot: /plot v WICKEDMagma (far left corner)

Difficulty: Hard

Number of jumps: 69 Jumps & 8 Checkpoints

Theme 5/5: This theme is original. There's no map based around a punching bag or punching glove. The only gym/exercise-related map is Bench Press.

Build 4/5: The build is accurate to what a punching bag looks like, but it's pretty plain. The texture of a real-life punching bag is pretty plain, so it's only normal that a Minecraft punching bag would look just as plain. The punching glove is decent. I added a fist logo on the front of the bag for a little bit of detail. The chains holding up the bag is the best part of the build.

Parkour 4/5: The parkour is varied and consistent, but a bit hard for a Hard map.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Sometimes, being accurate to the real thing is not always the best way to recreate it. Because of this, the punching bag is a perfect, unshaded cylinder. Even if the bag had been hanging on an angle, or representing it being punched and knocked sideways, you would've had opportunity to shape and shade the build. As it is, this is just another cylinder build disguised as an "object" map.

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
Ok but actually, did my submission get completely forgotten about/ignored or is it still being judged due to being borderline rejectable because of the build??

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey WickedMAGMA,

It makes me very happy to be able to tell you that I will be ACCEPTING your map. You have my sincerest apologies for the amount of time it took for your map to get judged.
  • Theme: As we have no punching bag-related maps currently on our server, this is most definitely an originally themed submission. Good job on picking out something unique!
  • Build: Personally, I think think the build was pretty well-executed. Although one can critique the shape/shading of the punching bag itself, I believe that the build as a whole proves to be a very cohesive finished product. The fine details on the punching bag and additional structures elevate the build to a level where the somewhat bland cylindrical aspect of the build isn't that big of a hindrance to its overall attractiveness.
  • Parkour: The parkour was both long and difficult enough for the hard difficulty, well done! Furthermore, I found the parkour to be decently varied throughout, proving to be quite entertaining. The only downsides to it were a couple of annoying jumps here and there and some missing barriers, but other than that it was superb.
I hope to see many more map submissions from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.