Recommendations for Factions

Snake8856

Donator
Ratings
Hey, I just had a few suggestions to the new factions server on here that I think would improve the playing experience a lot. The first thing I think that should be changed is that you shouldn't be able to fly all around the world, especially in peoples claims. This is very overpowered because when the grace period ends, and people start raiding, it makes it way too easy and almost broken, because being able to fly all around inside someones base when you cannon into it makes it way too easy to get more of their spawners and other things, which really takes away from the whole point of making a good base design. If people can just fly and get to all your spawners, and then be able to creeper egg or mine them, it makes it very hard to defend your stuff and keep at least some of it safe from the raiders. Taking away the ability to fly in peoples claims, and around the world would make things much more balanced, and would make gameplay a lot less overpowered. I think being able to just fly in your own claims is something thats a great feature, but doesn't make anything too overpowered. The second thing that I think should be changed is that you shouldn't lose money from mining your own spawners after you place them down. I like the idea that you have to pay 1/3rd of the spawner price if you want to mine other peoples spawners while raiding, but I think that having to pay to mine your own is a big issue. Many people throughout the season will want to be able to move their spawners in their base, but making it so that it costs money for them to mine their own spawners just doesn't seem right, or fair for the players. I have played factions quite a bit on other servers, and I have gotten to see what they are like, so that is why I am recommending these changes, because I believe it will create a more balanced and more fair playing experience for everyone.

Thanks, Snake

Grieks

PATRON
Grieks
Grieks
Patron
Ratings
68 2
Hey Snake8856,

I do think you have a point that flying is overpowered in certain situations. I do enjoy being able to fly within my own claim because then that makes building and other designs easier. I like creativity when it comes to bases so taking that away by giving players the option to fly when raiding would be unfortunate.

If you would like you can definitely submit your suggestions at https://suggestions.manacube.com/ so that other players can vote on it and hopefully get it implemented into the game.

If you have any other questions feel free to reach out.

Grieks

Harryyysan

ELITE
Harryyysan
Harryyysan
ELITE
Ratings
68 17
Hey snake the cost of mining spawners is essential to ensure that people dont mine up all their spawners when they are offline with no penalty.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
I've played Factions on 30+ servers for over 4 years. In all these servers, there has been a common theme of players mining and storing their valuables whilst offline to prevent any serious damage to their factions value in the case of them being raided. I personally think that the spawner owners should have to pay to mine them if the spawner has been placed for longer than one minute. This would prevent misplaced spawners from having a costly consequence, while also preventing users from simply mining them when done grinding. As for your suggestion of flying, I feel that /f fly would be a much better alternative than the current system. This form of fly only allows you to fly in your own claims, for ease of building and movement.