Rejected Red Bird - Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahalouker

Donator
Ratings
Here is my map 'Red Bird', part of my bird parkour series. This parkour is considered to be a 'hard' parkour map.
Notes:
  • No checkpoints
  • Bird theme - Explore the outside of the bird, before conquering the final challenge inside him!
  • Hard map
The course was built by me (Mahalouker), on the creative server and can be found on Orc's plot at '/plot visit orc001 2'.

Finally, here are some screenshots of the actual map!

Thank you for looking at this map submission!

Nixi

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
62 3
  • No checkpoints
  • Hard map
Hmmh, I think this may be Rejected if you don't add any checkpoints! But, you don't have to add five or ten, just add a few nicely placed checkpoints so people don't have to do all the parkour without falling. ;)

Bonus question: How many jumps?

SwiftLee

Ratings
18 9
Too many parkours of the same theme; I understand you just copied the same design and changed the parkour and changed the color of it, but I don't know how I would feel about seeing 3 of the same parkours on 3 different difficulties... Maybe just choose one of the three of these parkours?

Mahalouker

Donator
Ratings
Too many parkours of the same theme; I understand you just copied the same design and changed the parkour and changed the color of it, but I don't know how I would feel about seeing 3 of the same parkours on 3 different difficulties... Maybe just choose one of the three of these parkours?
Personally the reason I chose to do three similar parkour courses, is because it brings something to everyone. If people can do easy, then they can challenge themselves to complete the next one. Also the way the bird is laid out lets me add a plethora of various, sometimes complex, jumps.

By adding three similar style courses, people will have a way to precisely test their parkour level and help assess where they can improve, as of the ways that I have structured all three of the bird courses.

I hope that explains it all for you!

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
I cannot, in good faith, accept all three of your maps. I understand why you have done what you have, but "Series" maps almost never work out. Just look at happyheart's Expedition series, I had to pick one of his three maps because, to be honest, I can't oversaturate parkour with the same courses over again in such short time.

You've literally copy-pasted the same bird, each with "some" unique jumps, but for the most part, I noticed a lot of similar jumps in exactly the same place on some of the parkours... It disappoints me.

Why not just combine the three birds to make one mega hard bird parkour? I would work so much better than a separate set of three clone parkours.

For now, they are rejected. You can re-submit just one of them, or combine them, or forget them altogether, but right now, I cannot accept all three.

~ Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.