Ratings
291 1
Username: Pink_Bovine/A Pink Cow#1902
Map name: Escher's Playground

Plot Id: /plot v Pink_Bovine 3 - black cube on the left hand side
Difficulty: Expert
Number of jumps: 83

Changelog:

- Added an entire new section to bump jump count to 83 (for expert)
- Removed a couple of the iron trapdoor jumps/ladder ones (I've kept 3 of them )
- Added in new checkpoints - total - 9

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Your map submission is being put into REVIEWING. Here is my input/instructions:

Theme: The theme is original as we do not have any maps regarding Escher's illusions - nice job on picking something unique for your map theme!
Build: The build has a few issues with it - the map judges and I have determined that your human figures need some sort of rework as it's nearly impossible to tell that they are indeed supposed to be humans - maybe the use of head blocks or just something to make it appear more humanoid without needing to be told what they are directly (I know it's hard but you'll think of something). The black background is also off-putting, as the view of your map from other maps will just be a black cube - we believe this background is unnecessary. I would also like to remind you that expert maps should be X-facing (https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps), so Shinx took the liberty of rotating your map for you.
Parkour: There are a few minor tweaks you should make to your parkour in order to get your map accepted. First off, the minecart jump is too hard as the visibility window through the hole is too short. You should also remove this iron door and cobweb, as they don't really affect the parkour at all and just make it more cluttered. The 4.5 block jump is also quite annoying, so changing it to a 4 block or adding some sort of block to keep it difficult but easier than it's current state would be fine.

You have two weeks to make these changes or your map will be automatically REJECTED until resubmission. When you are done making these changes, please message me on Discord (PyroTortilla#0553) or reply to this thread saying they are done and I will look over your map again.

Have a great day!

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Congratulations, your map has been ACCEPTED! Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is original as we do not have any maps around Escher. Nice job on thinking of something original and unique for your map!
Build: The build is very nice - it's accurate to the theme, and after changing the back of it to look better from other maps, it is very acceptable. While the 3 block humans are definitely hard to interpret as humans, we recognize the difficulty of creating a tiny organic and have decided to let this slide. Nice job on the build!
Parkour: After boosting it to the proper jump count and putting in the changes suggested to you over Discord, your parkour fits the length and difficulty of an EXPERT map. I did make one additional change HERE, by lowering the slime 1 block and changing the landing block to be a staircase, as seen HERE. The jumps were well-varied, and the harder sections of the map were balanced out by well-placed checkpoints. Nice job changing up the parkour to be possible in 1.8.9 and just making it more fun in general!

Congrats again on getting your submission accepted, and I hope to see more submissions from you in the future! Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.