Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey BluryBOI,

I'm not reviewing your map officially as a judge, I'm merely giving you some feedback. For starters, I'd recommend picking another name for the map as we already have a map named RoadRunner in the easy difficulty. Now, on to the rest. The theme is not very original as there are other road/car maps already on the server. (such as Highway on the medium difficulty). The build is not very attractive. It's poorly executed, mainly floating, and incredibly simplistic. And, it bears a strong resemblance to the other similarly themed map. The parkour falls flat too. Although the difficulty and length could be looked past, the actual jumps and blocks used to compose it are not good. It is extremely linear, confusing, and simple. You need to use different types of jumps and blocks in your parkour to make it enjoyable for the player. It can't just be jumping from wool block to wool block. There were also segments that were rendered void such as the fence segment where you could just jump on the sides of the blocks. Also, for future reference, mark barriers with an item frame or something so that the player knows they're there. It was not simple to understand where to go on the large road part. I hope you take these things into account in the future, I wish you the best of luck!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello BluryBoi,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
As mentioned above, we already have a map with the exact same theme (RoadRunner.) Before making a map, check to make sure the theme hasn't already been done by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is a bit plain, and the structures are quite small. Try having bigger structures so you have something that your parkour can build off of!
The parkour is quite repetitive throughout with ladders and straightforward jumps. Try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! You can look at recently accepted maps for some examples of these! Overall, the difficulty of the parkour and the length of the map both fit the easy difficulty quite nicely!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.