Rejected Roman - Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Mr_Puddles (solo mapmaker)
Map Name: Roman
Plot ID: 118;-21 Map Maker World
Difficulty: Between Hard and Expert so I'll just say Expert
Theme: Roman Architecture

Parkour goes around all pillars to then enter the center where the 2nd half of the parkour takes place, there is a lot of variation in jumps though there is a lot of ladders.
2020-11-23_20.36.15.png

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING your map submission. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is not that original as we already have a lot of these temple-type maps (i.e. Parthenon). Make sure you check the Parkour List before building a map to make sure your submission is unique!
Build: The build was decent. It was accurate to your theme and was definitely shaped correctly, but like aimee said above, there wasn't much detail. It would have been nice to have something inside the temple, as well as some additional block variety so it would be less gray and dreary.
Parkour: The parkour was the most problematic part of the submission - the difficulty was far too easy for an EXPERT map, but it was the correct length. This jump (here) was way too hard for an EXPERT map and I don't believe it is possible with the current momentum setup. If that wasn't the intended jump, then forget I said anything there but I couldn't see any other place to jump. The checkpoints were well placed, just make sure you replace the ones that just say Checkpoint with actual checkpoint signs. Finally, EXPERT maps should be X facing and yours was Z facing (see here for mapmaking guidelines), so you need to rotate your map 90 degrees.

I hope to see more submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.