Haminaya
SDC Tour
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.45.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.46.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.47.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.47.55 PM.png

/plot teleport SDC_Tour
Medium/Hard Difficulty

Background: The SDC (Schnee dust company) is taking you on a tour! You get to see their dust quarry, as well as some of the largest dust crystals in the world! This is not a map that is based around snow or ice, this map is based on dust, a crystal that powers most everything in the anime RWBY.

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Haminaya,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is original, as I don't think there are any RWBY themed maps yet on ManaCube. Good job on coming up with an original theme! Unfortunately, the build for the most part is a victim of the theme, since the main structure is the glyph which is technically pixel art. Pixel art is no longer accepted as a main build on ManaCube in 2D or 3D forms. In the future, try to make a singular build as a main structure with the parkour on, around or inside of it.

The parkour is not mixed and varied somewhat, but most of the jumps are made of normal blocks. Try to use many kinds of blocks in different ways (varied) all throughout your parkour so that the map isn't discernible into sections by jump type (for example, the fence section, the ladder section, etc. this is mixed). The parkour is also mostly floating (due to the nature of the build), which makes the map look a bit messy. Having a larger 3D structure with a floor and attaching jumps that way would help with this. We can discuss further about building parkour if you message me on Discord (you know where to find me!). The difficulty also didn't really suit a Medium or Hard map, which is somewhat due to the simplicity of the parkour. It is also best to have a concrete difficulty in mind when building a map, so that you don't fall into a middle ground of being too easy for one difficulty, but too hard for another. The length felt about right for a Medium map.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any questions and want more detailed critique, please message me on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.