Season 13 made for the Wrong Community

ClownBait

ELITE
ClownBait
ClownBait
ELITE
Ratings
Hello all,

This is a post/review/reflection of what I think regarding Season 13 of KitPvP. I know that this post will be overlooked and not brought to anyone's attention but I will make it anyways. I would first like to commend the efforts and time spent on this update. Genuinely, the new events, map, kitpit, and spawn area are fantastic. Sure there were a few bugs the first day but most have already been addressed or will be (I assume). However, from the title of this post, it seems that I hold some apprehensions about the new update, and I do.

My gripes have nothing to do with the developers/staff of Manacube directly, but rather the KitPvP community. We were given a chance to embrace the new features and new map with a good attitude and with the hope that it would be genuinely fun. Unfortunately, this is not the case. For as long as I have played on this server I have noticed this "Plague," where new players come in and are, by definition, bullied by this contingent of almost every above-average PVP'er who has access to a credit card.

These new players are faced with three options: quit, continue to be bullied/harassed, or pay for some crates and download some anti-plugin (optional). What this creates is a server where the upper tier is never challenged. There is no willingness for any of the top players to want to compete with one another. Instead, everyone just sits around the fishing area and kills anyone who comes near. Or have you ever decided you were going to take out that top player who is just grinding kit fights in "middle?" Then you jump down there and get some hits, and before the fight has even begun, three players have logged into the server and are chasing after you with their SVA loadouts.

Those very basic examples barely scratch the surface of the pettiness that goes on in this community. It ruins the experience for most and makes it not fun for anyone involved, including the contingent of toxic players. You cannot honestly say that someone sitting in spawn begging for someone to drop mid for a "fair 1v1" is having a good time.

That is enough of a rant I think. The point of this post is to show that even if the developers/staff of Manacube can implement great ideas, the community will never be able to appreciate them. I would like to be clear that I am no saint. I have not always been the kindest to new players and I can act toxic to those who are toxic themselves (which doesn't help anyone). I will work on that even though I know others are not as self-aware.

Now all is not lost, I do have a solution (that will probably never come to be, unfortunately).
  • I like the Cubit payouts for top killer every month but think of "cash" payouts maybe.
  • Don't allow SVAs to be accessible so early (most players that purchased that crate, sold one SVA, and were able to make a Gset)
  • Possibly make it bannable to team with players, not in your squad (but this poses some problems for new players)
  • The last idea that would solve everything is just to ban these players. I know that they provide a percentage of the profit that this server produces but I don't know if it is worth it in the long run. Eventually, they will be all that is left and will stop paying, and with a low number of new players coming in, the server will die, much like it did towards the last half of season 12.
Thank you for your time if you read this post and let me know your thoughts. I hope I am not the only person who sees these faults in our community (and I know I am not, I was inspired to write this because of some things that a friend of mine thinks).