Security Alert - Breached Data Found on the Dark Web

Hello everyone
I am writing to bring to your attention a critical security concern that may affect us all.
Recently, while using the Google One application to conduct a dark web search for breached data, I discovered that some data associated with the Manacube server has been compromised and is circulating on the dark web.

What I Found
Using the Google One application, which provides a feature to search the dark web for breached data, I discovered that personal information related to Manacube users, potentially from a breach dating back to January 2020, has been leaked. This includes, but may not be limited to:​

• Email addresses
  • Usernames
  • Passwords (hashed or plain text)
Below is a screenshot of the findings:
1719938964703.png

Why This Matters
Having our data on the dark web poses significant risks, including:​

• Identity theft
  • Phishing attacks
  • Unauthorized access to accounts
  • Other potential malicious activities
Questions for the Community and Administration

1. Has This Been Addressed? - Has the 2020 breach been previously discussed or addressed by the Manacube administration?
  2. Current Security Measures - What security measures have been implemented since the breach to protect user data?
  3. Future Protections - Are there plans for additional security enhancements to prevent future breaches?
  4. Data Selling Concerns - Is there any possibility that Manacube has been selling our data online?
What You Should Do

To protect yourself, I recommend taking the following steps immediately:​

1. Change Your Passwords: Update your Manacube account password and any other accounts that use the same or similar passwords.
  2. Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): If available, enable 2FA on your Manacube account and other accounts to add an extra layer of security.
  3. Monitor Your Accounts: Keep an eye on your email and other accounts for any suspicious activity or unauthorized access.
  4. Use Strong, Unique Passwords: Ensure that your passwords are strong and unique for each account. Consider using a password manager to help manage your passwords securely.
1719941058757.png

That's all from me stay safe.

Last edited:

Pinguinooo

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Pinguinooo
Pinguinooo
Admin
Ratings
117 6
Hey,

Thanks for your concerns and for giving people tips on securing their account(s) properly. This older breach was indeed known to us, and we've acted upon it. We've been sending password resets to affected accounts (accounts with specific conditions) and improving our security over the years. Our forums have 2FA that users can enable to increase their security further, this people (outside of staff) are not required to use this (we also offer this in-game). Manacube has not and will not ever sell our users' data. Player safety is our top priority.

nick22985

SrMod | Staff Management
Senior Mod
nick22985
nick22985
Senior Mod
Ratings
94 4
well this is a bit too late my mc acccount has been hacked so thanks alot ill never be seeing anyone ever again
The data breach occurred in 2020. I'm unsure what happened with your Minecraft account, but by your forum join date is this year so you would not be effected by this. Also, unless your password is the same on the forums and Minecraft, your Minecraft account would not be affected by this.

Regards,
Nick