Rejected Skittles - Medium map by froggcam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hiiii this is my first map and because I have an unhealthy addiction with skittles I thought it would be fitting for a map.

Name: Skittles
Difficulty: Medium
Plot: /plot v froggcam

Attachments

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Hi froggcam, I have some feedback for you.

First of all, this is 3D pixel art, which isn't accepted on ManaCube anymore. Maybe change the skittles from floating like pixel art, to all in a glass jar? That would be kind of cool! Or even better, the skittles just starting to spill out of the opened wrapper.
Secondly, the parkour from the screenshots is repetitive, only because you made sections of different block jumps. Try to instead of have sections, blend it all in! https://manacube.com/threads/what-is-block-variation.64601/ Also, the parkour looks like it's overlaying the build and looking messy overall. If you were to redo the parkour, make sure not to have it float, because floating parkour has to be done extremely well to be accepted on this server.

I'm not a map judge so my opinions won't affect your submission, this is just feedback. I hope you take it into consideration. Good luck

ComradeOlaf

VIP+
ComradeOlaf
ComradeOlaf
VIP+
Ratings
62 2
Hi froggcam!
I agree with everything Acid has said already but I wanted to add one more thing:
There are 2 head jumps that are impossible to complete in 1.8.9, the recommended version for parkour. Remember to test the map in that version to ensure that all players can finish it! :)

Ratings
Thanks all for the feedback I'm taking it into consideration and figuring out how to make the map enjoyable and fit with the restrictions. sooooooo tysmmm

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Hi there froggcam,

Im sorry to tell ya your map has been rejected.

The THEME is a bit unoriginal, we have quite a few rainbow maps that look like this.

The BUILD is quite a bit like 3D pixel art which is not accepted anymore (As acid said above). Try to create one main build that has parkour around it so you can eliminate any floating parkour !

The PARKOUR is quite repetitive and lacking in varation. It does fit the length and difficulty of a medium map though, but try to use more variation such as chests, flower pots, water, etc instead of having a whole bunch of the same jumps in a row ^-^ And yes as the others listed above please make sure your jumps are possible in 1.8.9 !

Thank you for the submission, I hope to see more from you. Have a wonderful day !

-Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.