Rejected Sky islands - Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
I am not a judge, however I don’t even need to look at the map to know this will most likely be rejected.
The island theme is overdone, so make sure to read into the parkour list next time.
best of luck,

SpiroTech

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
SpiroTech
SpiroTech
Patron+
Ratings
Hey! Unfortunately, the floating island theme has been overdone and is no longer really accepted. Because of this, the map is very unlikely to be accepted. Sorry!

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Hey there o/

First I have to say I really like the build. It is both appealing and it represents your theme nicely. However, as said above, floating islands maps do not get accepted anymore sadly...

Make sure you read the parkour theme list when making a map, to make sure your theme is original :)

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
The build is amazing, but like everyone else has said, floating island maps aren't usually accepted because we get a couple of these every week. As for the parkour, it needs more variation, try using blocks that are of different shapes and sizes to make more unique jumps. The parkour also felt more like a medium, but with more jumps. I hope this doesn't discourage you from making a new map, because you have some serious building talent!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Rick_Aardappel and _YoloJulian_,

I regret to inform you that this map is being rejected. The theme is very unoriginal, as we have many, many floating island themed maps already on ManaCube. This is the main downfall of this map. However, the build is very cool! It is well made and very detailed. It is a shame the theme is overused, as this floating island map looks better than many already on the server.

The parkour for this map is very well blended into the build, which is good, but it fails to give good directions and is ultimately confusing in some places. I struggled to find where to go in multiple areas on the map. Including directional signs and/or arrow heads could definitely help the player figure out where to go. The parkour was also not varied or mixed much, and very repetitive in some places. Try to use many different kinds of blocks to create the jumps all throughout your map to make a unique and interesting course! The difficulty also didn't match a hard or expert, and was more suited to a very long medium map overall. The length is also too long for an expert or hard map.

Thank you both for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord. Hope to see more maps from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.