Rejected SOL 2048 -Medium-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: neckwings
Map Name: SOL 2048
plot #: 81;109
Difficulty: Medium
Number of Jumps: 73

This map is based on the hovercraft racing game, wipEout. Specifically, the map Sol from wipEout 2048. I think it stand out from other tower maps because the tower is barely part of it, and the main gimmick is the hover crafts/track.

Attachments

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello neckwings,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is original, as we don't have any maps themed on the the game wipEout, so good job on coming up with an original theme! The build however looks like a very simplified version of the SOL map when looking at references. I would agree that the map is not a tower map. However, most of the space you created in the build is not capitalized on in the parkour.
By this, I mean that very little of the parkour is on the hovercraft track, which is a bit of a shame! The floating jumps make the map look really messy in a theme/build that is meant to be modern/futuristic and very sleek. In the future, try to have attach your jumps to the course in some way. The parkour is also very repetitive, and I got dejavu in some places that are exactly the same (glass headhitters). Try to use many kinds of blocks all throughout your parkour to make a varied, mixed, and interesting course! The length also doesn't really fit a medium map, and the difficulty is tough to judge as the jumps weren't very mixed overall.

Thanks for submitting this map! If you have any questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.