Sonic's Item Filter Perk Guide

SonicBliss

PATRON
SonicBliss
SonicBliss
ELITE
Ratings
Do you have the Item Filter perk and not know how to use it effectively? Do you not have the Item Filter perk but question if you should try and get it with crates?
Lots of people have misconceptions about how to use the Item Filter Perk so I'm gonna help with that.

First and foremost, the perk comes with 2 commands.
/filter toggle
/filter edit

the toggle command will turn the filter on and off. It will stay that way even if you log off. Meaning you can keep certain items out of your inventory forever!
When you first type /filter toggle you wont pick anything up. You have to type /filter edit to open the GUI that looks something like this:

Under Item Filter Categories we have Equipment, Potion Supplies, Raiding, Food, Specialty, and Ores. You click a category and get another menu that lists a bunch of items and looks like this:

By default, all items are set to "WILL NOT be picked up when item filter is enabled".
to change this, simply click the item. Here are the items I set to pick up and my favorite uses for the filter.

-Player Heads (Wither skulls count as player heads, so this makes it so I can farm withers and only get their heads)
-Spider Eyes (This way my inventory doesnt get crowded with that annoying string!)

I enable a few things for my private reasons but the filter perk can be extremely helpful for grinders and helps me keep my inventory junk free. Saves a lot of time. :D