Rejected "Speed Run" Medium/hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speed run is a map using the basics from a speed run you start is a desert like you would want to in a speed run and end at the end portal. It also had hard parts in speed runs like climbing a soul sand tower just to find a nether fortress. even tho i do not think this will get accepted i have to try. It has around 60 jumps and has 6 checkpoints with basic jumps and neos and ladder jumps. plot id is 99;110.

Attachments

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey purplepancake58,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although you themed your map after a MC speedrun, it is just biomes at the end of the day. As we have a lot of biomes-related maps currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. There are 2 main issues: unoriginality and floating parkour. The first point is very obvious, you just built things that represent each biome and we've seen that multiple times. It's not something new. And, then, you have the overwhelming amount of floating parkour. It comprises almost half of your build, and that's not something we want. We want you to create a central build and then integrate your parkour into it. This messiness is unacceptable.
  • Parkour: The parkour fit the medium difficulty in both length and difficulty, there weren't any major issues regarding that. But, the parkour was not enjoyable to do due to the lack of jump variation. What I mean is that you didn't incorporate a lot of different jumps into your build, even if you did use different blocks. For example, the back to back identical soul sand jumps and then the back to back semi-identical fence jumps. Such repetitiveness isn't fun. You need to be more creative with your parkour!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.