Staff Application Tips With an Ex-Staff

Cheechmoted

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
284 38
Hey guys! Cheech here for another long garbage thread that nobody will care about. This time I'm gonna spend 30 minutes throwing together some thing about staff applications and how you can get your's better. Some of you will probably want to copy paste this because it is on the same level of shakespeare but unfortunately the questions have changed since I applied in June. Lets get roiiiight into the thread.

Heres what my application looked like, I'm going to leave it up here so you guys can reference it at any time.

Member NameCheech4

Your Minecraft username Cheech4

What server are you applying for Survival

---------------------------------------------

Real Name Why you you care doxer

Location Why you you care doxer

Email Address
Why you you care doxer

Can you use Discord? Yes, I have it and use it to communicate with friends and find it to be better than skype and teamspeak.

---------------------------------------------

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server? Or, what have you done already to improve MineVast?: I play Minevast almost every day and during that time play I have reported many rule breakers. Such as spammers, griefers, and hackers. I have reported all of them to the Play reports section on Minevast always trying to get a screenshot so I can provide evidence that this person was breaking the rules of Minevast. If I am not able to get a screenshot of some breaking the rules I will keep trying to find an instance when they are hacking and get a screen shot of it to prove to the Minevast staff that the player I reported was breaking the rules and deserves a punishment. Also while playing Minevast I have occasionally stumbled upon a bug or glitch within a Minevast server. I contacted a staff member ingame or on Skype (I have a few helpers' Skypes) and told them what happened and sent them the screenshots. I was willing to help out with needed, so I tended to ask if I was able to help in any way. I also help lot of new player on Minevast that don't know the rules to well, need or with a command, or something that doesn't require a staff members powers. If this player does need help from a staff member I will get one for them or tell them how to get a staff members help. I also help players on the forums. For example if a player reported a player in the wrong section I tell them where the should correctly put it. I try to do as much as I can to improve the Minevast community to the best of my abilities ingame and on the forums. I know I may be 14, one year under to required age. I think this application is worthy of being debated upon considering these following circumstances. Whenever I visit the Minevast Survival server there about 15-40 members on depending the time of day. Usually 1-2 of the players are staff members. Many players on Survival have problems or need help. I help the players that need help if I know the answer. To get to the point, Minevast needs more staff members to help the multitude of players on survival that have problems, and punish the hackers, griefers, and wrong doers on Minevast

How long have you played minecraft for? How long have you played on MineVast I have played Minecraft for 5 years and Minevast for about 3.

How many hours can you dedicate to MineVast? 3-8 hours a day

Have you had any sort of Moderating experierence? If so, when, where, and doing what? Yes, I have had moderating experiences before in Minecraft, In spring 2015 I was accepted to join the staff team for the Zombie Factions server. The server was roughly the same size of Minevast. My time as staff started as a Helper, however I was promoted to Moderator 1 month into my time in the team. The promotion meant I had to be more active ingame and check the forums hourly. Four weeks into my time as Moderator, I was invited into the server's Helper Management team. My job was to watch helpers to see if they were doing their job right, and review applications on the forums. After two weeks of being on the Helper Management team I was promoted to SrMod. I was tasked with following potential hackers ingame and processing forum reports. In August 2015, the server closed due to the Owner's busy schedule and not enough donations. I learned a lot from this experience and think that without that experience I would not be as could of a staff member as I can be.

If someone is spamming in chat, what would you do? If someone was spamming in chat I would first give them a warning by kicking them from the server. The kick message would say something like: Please do not spam in chat it is very disrespectful. If they kept spamming after that I would give the player a temporary mute from chat. After that mute was over and the player was reported for spamming or seen spamming again by a staff member I would give them a permanent mute or a longer temporary mute. Of course you have to be lenient when it may seem like "accidental spam". If someone were lagging, they may say "test" and not see it in chat. They would say "test" again and again until chat was back to normal. The player was spamming, but it was not their intention to. Also, countdowns may be considered as spam such as "Drop party in 10" "9" "8" "7" and so on. Of course, if the player was spamming with an obvious intent to annoy others or cause grief, then I would warn/punish without hesitation.

If someone was believed to be hacking, what would you do? If someone was believed to be hacking I would use my powers and go into vanish and follow the player while they are playing. I would use my knowledge and expertise of minecraft to determine if they are hacking or not. I would get screenshots and video to back up my proof of saying the player is hacking. In addition, I would notify other staff members of the player hacking and see if they have had been caught hacking before and had a warning or punishment. If they were still hacking in any way once I had warned them I would give them a temporary ban from Minevast as a punishment for the offense. After the temporary ban had expired and the player was still on Minevast hacking and someone reported them or a Staff member was talking about them I would give them a permanent ban from that Minevast server. Hacking is a serious case and I would warn/punish without hesitation.

If someone reported a glitch to you, what would you do? If someone reported a glitch I would immediately let the Minevast Staff team know of the bug. After that I would go to the Minevast server(s) that the bug had occurred on and I would see if anyone was abusing it or using it to their advantage. If they were I would give them a punishment consisting of a temporary ban from that server. After pushing the player I would try to fix the bug by using the internet to see if any plugins and such will fix it. After the bug is fixed I will sleep easy until then I will be on high alert trying to help the staff team as much as possible fix the bug.

Anything else we should know?

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application Yes

Key Things

As you can see I elaborated a lot on every topic to make it look like I was smart.

I put a lot of quotes to make me look smart again.

I had a Mineplex SrMod look over my app to check for errors or anything that didn't make sense. Since he was a SrMod he obliviously knew how to write a staff application. FYI I wasn't cheating I was using my resources.

I don't have much to say anymore because this is very self explanatory. I just thought this would help many of you guys because there are no staff application examples on the forums. Hope this helped.

Sorry for the comedic jokes it was just a prank, I was feelin' a bit saucey.

-Cheecherino

FAQ

Q: Who the f&%! is this kid?
A: I'm you're friendly neighborhood Tenshi. (Jk Im Cheech)

Q: Why have I never seen the kid ingame?
A: I'm permbanned

Q: How'd you get banned kid?
A: Cuz I'm stupid ok.

Q: How'd you get demoted kid?
A: Cuz I'm really stupid.

Q: Why are you still on the forums if you're never coming back?
A: Cuz I luv mInEVasT

Have a nice day

LIVE UPDATE:
http://prntscr.com/dzh6vy

Yea that happened so I wont be back for a while.

Yea Purpz is a savage.

But that was a lil' mean.

I cried a bit.

Atleast I can take the time to read some books?

ATTENTION: NEW MINEVAST BOOK CLUB HOSTED BY CHEECH MEETINGS ON FRIDAYS AT 7 CST. ADD ME ON DISCORD (Cheech4#5796) FOR SPECIAL DETAILS.
[DOUBLEPOST=1485212967,1485212567][/DOUBLEPOST]#Dynmoted,

#DaconBanned,

#PurpzAccepted,

#DaconBanned...Again,

#PurpzDenied,

#ByeByeCheech

Like for more quality posts

Last edited:

Cheechmoted

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
284 38
Yes, I said it in the beginning. It is on purpose so people don't just copy paste what I have here lol.