username: joshy20
map name: structures
id : 33 -110
dificulty: medium / hard
jump #: 52

pictures

1st image is of the desert temple part
2nd image is of the inside of the temple
3rd image is of the ocean monument (not the best recreation)
4th image is of the inside of the ocean monument
5th picture is of the nether section
6th picture is of the village section

2020-09-02_23.13.37.png 2020-09-02_23.13.46.png 2020-09-02_23.13.53.png 2020-09-02_23.14.08.png 2020-09-02_23.14.24.png 2020-09-02_23.14.30.png

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey joshy20,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: From my perspective, if we were to be more specific, this map should be named biomes (as it has a desert pyramid, prismarine pyramid, nether worldish segment, and an overworld segment). So, as we have a lot of biome-related maps currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. If I had to be frank, it's just not pleasing to the eyes. You have these two floating pyramids with a glass corridor in between them and then floating wood/nether structures. It's just incredibly messy and all over the place. You need to focus on your theme and then create a central build that conveys it properly. This is just not what we're looking for.
  • Parkour: The parkour was long and difficult enough for the medium difficulty. But, having mentioned that, the parkour is incredibly repetitive. Each segment utilized the same block and jump for its majority. For example, the desert pyramid segment was just sandstone 1b's and 2b's. and the ending segment is just the same wood to wood jump. It's not fun to do the same thing over and over again. We want you to incorporate different types of jumps and, if you want to, contrasting blocks so that your parkour is fun to do. Be creative!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.