Suggest to have a better early progression, non-breaking but motivating change to make the earlygame and medium-game feel better!

¿Add rewards per Mining Level?

• Total voters
Ratings
1 1
I'll just copy the message I've written in the Discord server:

Just to say, it would be great if u receive a GOD chest or random pound (mana or money) everytime u level up ur "Mining level". I asked xHex if that bar gives u anything, and told me is just to show u how grinder u are (he didn't tell me that exactly, but bassicaly). So I purpose that. To feel better the progression and get motivated just for mining, would be great little rewards by the "Mining Level". Like every level u receive a GOD chest, a pound of gold/mana, and every 5 or 10 levels, 5 chests or 2 pounds, etc. (editado)

I feel like I have an extra bar, blocking my vision just to tell me: hey u are grinding. An doesn't even give u anything to motivate urself to continue
I know there are many things to motivate, but this change is just a little one and I think wouldn't affect the actual progression that much
But the earlygame would feel so much better to motivate new people to stay in the server
Because I talked with other new players and they doesn't feel the grind, is so hard the curve of progression the first rebirth

And I know 2 who left for this. The earlygame progression is too much to keep people here.
Post automatically merged:

And for the old people, give them the rewards-per-mininglevel. Come on for sure isn't much. If an old guy who is playing and spending money and hours here, like +500 hours, +100$ or more, give them per lvl the reward would've got at the moment to release this change. If someone is Mining Lvl 200, give them 200 GOD boxes, wouldn't suposse much for them at that point of late-game and grinding. They are Whales anyway.

Hallowqueen

Olympus Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,373 83
Hey! thanks for your feedback, it's always appreciated (especially with the upcoming new season).

As explained on Discord, there are actually rewards you can get for blocks broken, time played, mobs killed and rebirths. You can get Ancient and Legendary keys for reaching these different milestones, as well as exclusive titles for each category. You can check your progress and claim these rewards in /milestone.

Additionally, players often compete for spots on the leaderboards for champion scores. Late game, GoTG crates don't do a whole lot, unless you're using them to rankup quickly after prestiging, so most players would probably prefer the crate keys as they can unlock exclusive perks, items, rewards etc.

That being said, we are always looking for feedback and ways to improve. We are currently looking at suggestions for Season 7 of Olympus, so if you have anything else you'd like to see in an upcoming season, I would strongly urge that you pop any ideas either in the discord channel (here), or you can also post them here on the forums.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, good luck with grinding!
- Hallowqueen

Ratings
1 1
Alright I undertand ur point, and I'll add after talking to my gf, who started playing with me and left at the 3rd hour, than the way of getting those achievements isn't intuitive. She is lack of experience with videogames, but talking about minecraft, if u have a blue bar in the middle of the screen which shows u a probably important thing like "Mining Level" in a Roam based in the mining as the main activity, and u don't receive anything for leveling up, feels unworthy to continue grinding. My gf literally tells me: I think I'm wasting my team, I don't feel any feedback after mining for 2 straight hours.

Alr she can rankup and she can receive money+mana, but there isn't anything material that rewards u for leveling up in the Mining Level. Even the blocks picked in the achievement doesn't show exactly how u get the experience mining. Because maybe a block of diamond gives u more Mining Exp than a Cobblestone block? Idk, maybe, there is no way to know it I guess and u can't easily compare the number of blocks picked in the meaning of the Mining Experience. So I'm still up with my suggest to add little rewards per Mining Level, so new people like my gf feels that she isn't wasting the time just breaking blocks in a cube, I would like to make her feel that she can grind easily the beginning, so maybe, after the first 15-30h she finally tryhard the server and plays so much, knowing that every step she does has a reward.

Ofc now u get rewards for many things, but not for Mining Level directly, a useless bar and number in front of your eyes.

"Wasting my *time*" no "team" lol

Minibøgh

Dedicated Member
ELITE
GamerMagnusDK
GamerMagnusDK
ELITE
Ratings
38 17
I'll just copy the message I've written in the Discord server:

Just to say, it would be great if u receive a GOD chest or random pound (mana or money) everytime u level up ur "Mining level". I asked xHex if that bar gives u anything, and told me is just to show u how grinder u are (he didn't tell me that exactly, but bassicaly). So I purpose that. To feel better the progression and get motivated just for mining, would be great little rewards by the "Mining Level". Like every level u receive a GOD chest, a pound of gold/mana, and every 5 or 10 levels, 5 chests or 2 pounds, etc. (editado)

I feel like I have an extra bar, blocking my vision just to tell me: hey u are grinding. An doesn't even give u anything to motivate urself to continue
I know there are many things to motivate, but this change is just a little one and I think wouldn't affect the actual progression that much
But the earlygame would feel so much better to motivate new people to stay in the server
Because I talked with other new players and they doesn't feel the grind, is so hard the curve of progression the first rebirth

And I know 2 who left for this. The earlygame progression is too much to keep people here.

And for the old people, give them the rewards-per-mininglevel. Come on for sure isn't much. If an old guy who is playing and spending money and hours here, like +500 hours, +100$ or more, give them per lvl the reward would've got at the moment to release this change. If someone is Mining Lvl 200, give them 200 GOD boxes, wouldn't suposse much for them at that point of late-game and grinding. They are Whales anyway.
I like how manacube is right now, and I don't think it needs to be changed.

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Olympus Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,373 83
Of course, new players aren't expected to know everything the minute they join - this is why we have a wonderful community who are willing to help new players, a team of staff to assist answering questions, and even our own Wiki to help new players with the different realms and aspects of the server: https://manacube.wiki/olympus

That being said, Prison admittedly just isn't for everyone. Everyone has their own interests, maybe your girlfriend would find more enjoyment from Skyblock, or Creative for example. The main goal of Prison as a general gamemode, is to mine and sell blocks to rankup, and then "rebirth" or "prestige" for rewards/perks, go back to the beginning rank, and do it all over again. There are rewards for completing rebirth challenges, there's rewards for meeting specific milestones, and there's rewards for the amount of blocks mined (every 10k). I personally feel like adding more rewards for doing the basics would ruin the aspect of grinding, which is a pretty crucial one for Prison gamemodes (universally, not just on ManaCube).

We have had feedback to increase the current maximum mining level, as players have reached the limit for mining level. Beyond that, they're just gathering additional Mining XP for the sake of the leaderboards and season champions. As for Mining EXP, this is basically the amount of blocks you have broken, so 1 block broken = 1 mining EXP (with enchantments such as trench, this does increase). Trench however does not count towards /milestone measurements for total blocks mined, and will only count the original block mined by the player, not the blocks broken by the enchantment.

Rewards are something that have to be considered to ensure they're worthwhile, but also that they're fair and don't give too much of an advantage/affect the grinding aspect of mining. For example, while GoTG aren't OP on their own, when you have a lot of them saved up they can give you quite the boost with money, mana and DFs. With one of the rebirth challenges, you get 2 GoTGs every 10k blocks mined rather than the usual 1 - increasing it more than that would just be too OP.