Ratings
Giving this a -1
Negatives:
  • There is very little jump variation
  • The theme is not good
  • The course is repetitive
  • The builds are not visually appealing
  • Lots and lots of floating jumps
Usually here I would suggest how to fix these issues, but in this case I think there are too many issues with the map for it to be fixed.

So, here's some advice for any future maps you choose to make:
  • Pick a better theme that people can connect with more. Themeing a level after a minecraft block is not a good theme. For themes you could recreate areas or characters from other games you like, create interesting architecture and recreations of real life buildings, or just pick a random object... like shaving cream, for example.
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder towers) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Add more detail to your course to make it feel more like an environment instead of floating blocks
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
Good luck with any courses you submit in the future!

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Emirs and ArchaicJ,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
There is not really a theme in your map, it's just floating blocks, please try using a theme next time ! The build then is not good. It's messy and unattractive, please try building your parkour on/in a main build, and not floating around like you did. The parkour is not really good, it's a bit varied, but still really repetitive (The long ladder tower is an example), I also think your map is way too long for a hard, but too easy for something higher.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.