255 2
Map Name: TeleportDevice
Map Creator: GamersDecision
Map Plot: /plot home GamersDecision 9
Map Difficulty: Expert
Map Jump Amount: 73
Map Checkpoint Amount: 8
Map Theme: Henry Stickmin Game Series + Story

Haven't made a map in a long time and here's what I went for to try and make a return. Went with a simple design but with the level having charm and life never seen before in a GamersDecision map!

Some highlight details are
- The map has a story that plays while doing the Parkour.
- Inside parkour with a fully designed room. (This means the interior is NOT empty! :O )
- Plenty of checkpoints with tricky but (hopefully) enjoyable jumps.
- Unique gameplay and special mechanics
- Part with a choice

If someone's curious, here's a video showing the course

Update: The interior has been updated from the post photos, it now has a pattern that hopefully makes the inside look more appealing

I have no clue how good it is. Tell me if it's bad, terrible, good, fantastic, maybe great? Any and I mean any piece of constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
- GamersDecision

Attachments

Last edited:

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
reference pic for people confused.
the build is quite accurate although the judges will probs prefer it if you made the hand more 3D idk lol.
gj tho.
That is true! I made the hand like that simply because the stickman characters' hands are very slim and more like a straight line! :)

Thanks for replying!

Garby721

Gqrby
Gqrby
Ratings
1 1
Hi, I tryed your map and this is my feedback.
Theme: very original theme, I really like it. 9/10
Buildings: The teleport device is really good, and the inside part too. 9/10
Parkour: The parkour has a lot of intresting jumps, and there is no repetitive or boring part. I agree this is an Expert map. 10/10
Final vote 9/10. I really liked the map, and I really hope it will get accepted. :D

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
One of your best map parkour wise, it's really fun and enjoyable. Suits the expert difficulty well!
Original theme but the build isn't the best, it's pretty flat on the outside and the iron blocks on the inside makes it look kinda bad. But the build is accurate to the theme so it's hard to improve on it. Maybe just mix the iron blocks with something else on the inside.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Thank you all for replying. I knew the build was going to be bland, but I thought it would be acceptable. The inside is definitely quite simple, does anyone have tips what I should replace the iron with?

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey Gamers,

After making 2 small changes, I'm happy to accept your map!

The theme is original as we don't have any maps like this one yet. The build is alright, but it's not great. The outside is quite plain and boring. We do get that it's hard to improve it and add more detail, as this is what it's supposed to look like (it's accurate to the theme!). The interior is good though. The parkour is really enjoyable! It's nicely varied in a good way (you didn't just spam random blocks to add variety, but I can tell that you thought about how to make the jumps fun to do). The barrier puzzle and the part with the choice are fun, and you implemented some original jumps. Your map also fits the expert difficulty nicely!

I replaced these cobwebs with water, as the cobwebs just made the jump annoying and don't really have a purpose except for making you wait very long.
Before: https://prnt.sc/v8vurp
After: https://prnt.sc/v8vv3v

I replaced a few clay blocks with glass here, so you can see the slime from the trapdoor (makes it less confusing)
Before: https://prnt.sc/v8vx65
After: https://prnt.sc/v8vxbk

And as always: I'd love to see more maps from you!
Have a great day,
Sil

Status
Not open for further replies.