Rejected The Arcane Cave

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my second submission of my build on plot 1 (Rman2002)

I rated this map as a medium and I have reworked the middle to include fewer ladders and differents styles of parkour. In addition, I also reworked a few areas that were confusing or hard to follow and I have also included a few signs to give the player extra direction in areas where they may get a little lost. I've also added a few extra details around the map so some of the screenshots may be a tad out of date

As I've stated before, this is all my own work.

<3 Rman2002

EDIT: I had a few players test it and I have reworked a few areas on the map to make it possible for 1.8 players to make jumps and I also fixed an area that could be shortcutted

Attachments

Last edited:

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Rman2002,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, and the build is good. From the outside it might be a bit confusing as to what it is, but you have added nice details to the interior and the build is overall nicely built.
The parkour has some variety, however you did group jumps in some sections. What I mean by this, is that you would have a sequence of just ladder jumps, then just ice blocks etc. Try to mix up your jumps more throughout your map, as well as experimenting with a larger variety of blocks and items, to create more original and enjoyable jumps.
I found the difficulty to be quite inconsistent. There were some areas that would have a few jumps suited to a medium/hard map, then have sections that would be fine in an easy map. In the future pleased try to keep the difficulty consistent throughout the whole map.
The length is good for a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.