The Current State Of Factions

Ratings
The Introduction
Factions on mana cube are a Mess. The game mode has been riddled with hackers
And bugs some game-breaking not to mention the lack of staff and
amount of people breaking some rules
Because of the Current lack of staff for factions, these people run rampid
Some with ranks which makes them especially difficult to call out

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bugs
In my short time on factions, I have already learned of 3 bugs which can cause the difference
Between having a life and gear and not.
These Bugs I will go into detail on because 2/3 are not PVP advantage related

The in-depth bugs
There are 3 main bugs I have found so far these being
• Splash potions not working randomly (i have not found a pattern)
• When your in a duel during a server reboot you lose all your factions items
• A glitch spot in /warp volcano that makes you immune to damage and gets you out of combat
My Solutions

These bugs could be deeper down then I know after all I'm not staff but what I can see is there are simple fixes, some of these fixes are
• Finding the anti-lag plugin that makes it to where it pauses projectiles (pearls, pots, Etc) And delete it and find a new one i can help if needed
• Disable duels 10 minutes before a reboot a very simple and easy fix that can save players hours of grinding
• Patching the glitch spot in volcano with 2 barrier blocks simple as that
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hackers
Factions are riddled with closet cheaters And are easily accessed by blatant ones
This is an issue because at the point we are at we don't know if someone is good, Hacking,
or lagging That's why we need a new anti-cheat.

The Current anti-cheat
Our current anti-cheat is garbage for a variety of reasons,
to my knowledge, we are on an old version of NCP which was commonly used a while ago
This is an issue because a lot of clients like sigma 5.0 have developed bypasses
and newer clients are built-in where right now made to avoid things like watchdog.

My solutions
My solution to this growing issue is, we need to overhaul it.
completely get rid of the current anti-cheat and install a better one
A few anti-heats you could install are, Anti gaming chair and anticheat+
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Staff
On most servers, the staff are the most respected in the community
On here they don't exist, Staff on ManaCube are rare I have only seen 3 chat mods and 1 sr mod on for less than 15 mins
I have some advice to get more reliable hard-working free staff.

Why we need more staff
We need more staff because So many rule breakers come out without punishment
Yes, We have our report system but it isn't that good
We have to submit evidence which isn't easy to get for an average player
then hope the staff don't ignore it or deem it as "lag"

My solutions
My solutions to this issue are the introduction to a new role,
Factions Trainee (or just trainee in factions)
This role Doesn't have much power except having the ability to temp mute, View the anti-cheat, and Social spy
That's not all it would have but The point is it doesn't have the ability to ban
It's a trial period where the trainees don't get paid, they don't get to ban or do any Hardcore damage

They just get the opportunity to help moderate the server keep and keep everyone happy
there would be about 3-4 Hired that would be consistent players online a lot that would apply
Also please don't be stingy with who you choose! This is a trial if you don't think there fit for the job
tell them that Easy peasy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Notes
For all 3 of these things, I know exact solutions if your looking for help with them dm me! I'm Soloditto#6969
ALSO, No hate directed towards staff! they are amazing I just think a lot of them are very busy and the trainee rank is the best solution!
Also,I'm writing this at 3:30 AM so please comment on typos lol

Ratings
14 2
I fully agree with all of this, having played a few seasons myself, I can think of many other problems with factions. I and many other faction players would gladly list all the issues with the gamemode and also what could be implemented to make it better, but unfortunately factions seems very neglected and change is unlikely, so what’s the point?

Great points made in this post, would be a great start if these were looked into!

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
This is what helpers do!
Disable duels 10 minutes before a reboot
They are already working on this and will hopefully be implemented soon.
A glitch spot in /warp volcano that makes you immune to damage and gets you out of combat
What are the coordinates to this spot? I will forward this to an admin so it can be fixed.

For the other points made, I agree.

abbie<3

Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
hey,

if you want to start a conversation with me on the forums, i’m totally down to talk about some of these things (and any other suggestions you have) in more depth :)

just click my name and “start conversation”

thanks,
abbie

lavi

Dedicated Member
ELITE
tabooknot
tabooknot
ELITE
Ratings
86 3
Hey I really respect u for posting this it shows clear issues with clear solutions good stuff it shows ur looking out for you community. Keep it up I hope u get something out of this

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10

The Staff
On most servers, the staff are the most respected in the community
On here they don't exist, Staff on ManaCube are rare I have only seen 3 chat mods and 1 sr mod on for less than 15 mins
I have some advice to get more reliable hard-working free staff.

Why we need more staff
We need more staff because So many rule breakers come out without punishment
Yes, We have our report system but it isn't that good
We have to submit evidence which isn't easy to get for an average player
then hope the staff don't ignore it or deem it as "lag"

My solutions
My solutions to this issue are the introduction to a new role,
This role Doesn't have much power except having the ability to temp mute, View the anti-cheat, and Social spy
That's not all it would have but The point is it doesn't have the ability to ban
It's a trial period where the trainees don't get paid, they don't get to ban or do any Hardcore damage

They just get the opportunity to help moderate the server keep and keep everyone happy
there would be about 3-4 Hired that would be consistent players online a lot that would apply
Also please don't be stingy with who you choose! This is a trial if you don't think there fit for the job
tell them that Easy peasy.​
Our staff team is not paid, we are all volunteers - the lack of Factions staff is due to the lack of applications from the factions community as all of our staff were once players who applied for the staffing position. If staffing factions is something you're interested in, I highly encourage you to submit a Staff Application.

Nice post, very informative!

Ratings
Our staff team is not paid, we are all volunteers - the lack of Factions staff is due to the lack of applications from the factions community as all of our staff were once players who applied for the staffing position. If staffing factions is something you're interested in, I highly encourage you to submit a Staff Application.

Nice post, very informative!
I was really hoping to apply but i dont meet the fourms requirment and personally i dont think i know the community

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy Howdy!

I love seeing player make REAL and SERIOUS suggestions! Great to see you getting involved and caring so much already about the gamemode and community. I am a factions mod, but due to my other responsibilities on the server and in real life I do not get to get in game as often as i'd like. If you ever have any questions or concerns you are welcome to contact me. You can start a conversation with me here, on the forums or on discord. I am more likely to respond to discord. My discord is lilkayla#4335.

What Pyro said holds some truth, staff are volunteers- other servers have a larger staff team because they have a stronger community of players who are interested in staffing. If you, or anyone else is interested in staffing any server you are also welcome to contact me. I would love to talk to you about it and explain the roles to you!

best, kayla