PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello! I'm going to give you some critiques on your map. While I am a parkour mod, I have no say in whether or not this gets denied or accepted as I am not a Map Judge, so take my criticisms and approval as that of a parkour player, not a staff member.

I'm going to give this map submission a -1. The theme, Graveyard, is not original as there is already a graveyard-themed map (Graveyard). The build itself isn't great, just a simple tombstone. I would make sure to add details and really make your build stand out with some textures as well.
For the parkour, the number one problem with it is that a lot of the parkour on this map is floating. ManaCube has moved away from floating parkour maps and now maps tend to only be accepted if they have a main build. This means that instead of parkour floating up to a tombstone, the whole map is a graveyard that you parkour around/on. Another issue with the parkour is that it looks very repetitive (seems like its basically just block/ice jumps in the beginning and ladders at the end). Try to mix it up a little by incorporating vines, heads, anvils, chests, lily pads, soul sand, iron bars, flower pots, etc. to your map to really make the parkour interesting and fun to play.

Be sure to check the map list (I'll link it below) before building anything to make sure your idea is original, and you can always check /warp beta or any of the newer maps (they tend to have very low global completion counts) if you want to see some ideas of varied parkour jumps. I'm also down to help you build parkour or to teach you some jumps myself to help you be more successful in future submissions (which I hope you do :D). If you want help feel free to message me on Discord (PyroTortilla#0553) or start a conversation with me here on the forums and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Good luck!

Map List: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Dasumato,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have a map with this same theme (Graveyard.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is a bit plain and is overshadowed quite a bit by the parkour, so try having the actual build be the main focus instead of only being at the end. Some more details would also benefit the build.
The parkour is
varied a bit throughout, and is incorporated with the theme nicely, so good job on that! However, it is floating throughout a majority of it (meaning it isn't attached to the build) which makes it look messy. The length of this course and difficulty of the jumps do fit the medium difficulty!

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.