Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: Hey there for your theme, unfortunately, it looks unoriginal to me, floating island type parkour is usually used quite a lot, for your parkour detail it's alright but nonetheless very messy it a lot of areas which makes it look somewhat unattractive, unfortunately.

Parkour variety/difficulty: For your parkour difficulty your jumps do match that of EASY difficulty but your parkour map is way too long for an EASY map submission in my personal opinion, your parkour is mostly floating which makes it look somewhat messy, unfortunately. For your parkour variety, it was very simple, I suggest adding more interesting type jumps such as flower pot jumps. etc.

Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: Hey there for your theme, unfortunately, it looks unoriginal to me, floating island type parkour is usually used quite a lot, for your parkour detail it's alright but nonetheless very messy it a lot of areas which makes it look somewhat unattractive, unfortunately.

Parkour variety/difficulty: For your parkour difficulty your jumps do match that of EASY difficulty but your parkour map is way too long for an EASY map submission in my personal opinion, your parkour is mostly floating which makes it look somewhat messy, unfortunately. For your parkour variety, it was very simple, I suggest adding more interesting type jumps such as flower pot jumps. etc.
Thank you so much for your feedback! I will be sure to take a look!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey acanniz11,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of biome maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. For starters, it's just such an unoriginal theme and build that it's really boring to look at. I've seen it multiple times before. My next major issue is that everything's floating, both the structures and the jumps. There's no central build or anything of the sort, it's all just scattered around. Lastly, another big no-no is how the parkour is more important than the build. There are 1 or 2 structures and then it's all just floating parkour. The parkour can't be your build, that's not how it's supposed to be. You have to integrate the parkour to your build and have it serve as a complement to it.
  • Parkour: The parkour was easy enough for the difficulty but it was way way way too long for it. Like, it was as long as an expert. We're looking for 20-40 jumps for an easy, so you're gonna have to cut back on a lot of jumps. My other big problem with the parkour was how repetitive it felt. You would use the same jump over and over again. This was the layout of the parkour: dirt, stone, nether blocks, dirt, stone, and endstone. And these segments would be extensive and not only use the same jump but the same block. It just wasn't enjoyable to do, you must be more creative in the future.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.