Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey KarolisGaming,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have our fair share of laboratory/test facility-related maps currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. I do see what you were going for, though. The player is supposed to be the lab rat going around the course. But, I still don't think the build was executed well due to how simplistic/bland it is and the floating parkour. Regarding the former, the build is just this quartz circle with nothing exactly eye-catching in the exterior or interior. It's just full of parkour and nothing else. You could definitely make it look more like a laboratory in a variety of ways. On the topic of its parkour: it wasn't integrated as well as it could've been into the build. I'd work on integrating the exterior parkour a little better so that it doesn't hinder the build further.
  • Parkour: The parkour was way too long for either of the two difficulties you proposed. It's definitely hard enough for a hard map but it's too long for it, we're looking for approximately 60-80 jumps. So, you're either going to have to cut half of the jumps or cut like a third and buff the map so it fits the expert difficulty. Furthermore, although at times the parkour was varied, there were too many identical jump segments. The sheer amount of ladder, iron bar and cobble wall jumps is incredible. It's clear you can make decent parkour, all you need to do is incorporate a wider variety of blocks/jumps to elevate your parkour.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.