Rejected (Time Machine) By Dylan3124567 - (Hard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
- Username: Dylan3124567
- Map Name: Time Machine
- Plot ID: 98;72
- Difficulty: Hard
- Jumps: 130

- About: This is my first parkour course in this server, and i made it about time travel.

Edit: I have fixed a few major skips that could be seen as "cheaty", the map should hopefully be cheat free now. I completely redesigned one part and the others i added barrier blocks.

Edit 2: minor building changes

Edit 3: A few more skips fixed with barriers

Attachments

Last edited:

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Hello
I have found some minor skips you might want to consider fixing. They are small ones, so no big deal. I will show the intended route in blue and the skip route in red.
1592635180786.png

1592635095066.png

1592635267874.png

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Hi o /
I want to clarify that I have not actually played the map yet, so I will solely give you my opinion about the build. It is clear that you have devoted much time into this project and your building skills are quite good (Nice tree :D), however, the main issue I see with this map, again judging by the screenshots, is that there is too much floating parkour. Judges do not really like that and while your theme is original ( I THINK do not quote me on that) there is a high chance this will get rejected because of the floating jumps. It is better to make the MAIN build first, and then adding the parkour in a way which feels like it is one with the build. For your next maps, try making a connected build ( what I mean by that is a whole surface and not separate floating islands). This will help you avoid floating parkour. Also, keep in mind that it is not up to me whether this map gets accepted or not, a judge will decide that without being biased. Good luck :)

Ratings
I read a page with all of the map names and didn't see any by the name of "Time Machine" but that doesn't mean there isn't another map about time travel, I'm just going to assume that this hasn't been done before on this server, or at least commonly. This does not mean this hasn't been done before, just that i cant find any record of any like this.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hello Dylan,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. While I would say the theme of a Time Machine is pretty original (aside from TheTardis, which is VERY different), the build is very unoriginal. Allow me to explain why I say this!
The theme is time travel, and I suppose that is communicated through the different structures you have included in the course. But when we take a step back and dissect what these structures are, they don't look all too different compared to other maps that exist. There are Castle maps, as well as many maps with floating islands and trees, planets, classic minecraft villager style houses, and even rockets. What I'm saying is that while the theme is original with these elements combined, the build itself as a whole isn't unique.
The parkour in itself is an issue despite the theme. The length is far too long for a hard map, (100+ jumps is a typical insane map length) and the difficulty of the parkour better suits an easy or a medium map. The parkour isn't varied or mixed much at all, and felt pretty repetitive. The majority of the parkour is also floating because there are many different builds. Try to use one singular build or two and have the parkour on, around, or inside of these builds. You can look at recently accepted maps at /warp beta or in the Accepted Maps subforum to see this executed.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have any further questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.