ELITE
BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
169 15
Creator: BluePottwal
Map name: Tower of Pisa
Plot ID: -92;-19 (note: the map is build on the backside of the plot. My first map is build on the frontside. I was told that i could build more maps on one plot)
Difficulty: Medium
Jumps: 61
Checkpoints: 4
2020-05-03_19.53.58.png
2020-05-03_19.54.11.png
2020-05-03_19.54.24.png

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey blue,

This is not your official map review, I'm merely giving you some personal feedback. The theme "Tower of Pisa" is original, but, this is really kind of just a tower-themed map which has been done many many times before. It's a really over-saturated theme, although I appreciate what you were going for. The build is not very attractive due to the block choices and lack of detail, I definitely think you could do better. The PK difficulty definitely fit the medium difficulty but it felt way too long, I'd recommend cutting it back on a couple of the jumps. Also, I think you could vary the blocks/jumps used a bit as well. There were many repetitive segments where it was just either stone slabs or ladders. It's important to incorporate several different types of blocks and jumps to make the parkour more enjoyable. Nevertheless, I hope to see many more map submissions from you in the futrure!

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
618 31
Hey there Blue,

before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator, not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Originality/design ~ Your theme is quite original in my experience and I've never seen another tower of Pisa map submission or build before, unfortunately your build theme/design is quite bland/basic and in my opinion doesn't really look like the tower of Pisa sadly. Sadly as Patty mentioned above your theme isn't very attractive as you only used a handful of blocks and most of the blocks are a grey dull handful of bricks, etc, doesn't really give the build/general theme color and attractiveness if you know what I mean.

Difficulty/length ~ Your jump count is pretty satisfactory for a hard map but sadly your parkour jumps seem quite basic and there's not much variety with the parkour jumps, for example adding chest/bed jumps, slime block jumps, cacti jumps, carpet/fence jumps, etc would really make your parkour more interesting and stand out from the dull look that it has at the moment.

Good luck! :)

BluePottwal

Dedicated Member
ELITE
BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
169 15
Thanks for your feedback.... I corrected some things!:D

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey BluePottwal,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED. As I mentioned above, the theme is not very original. Although there are no precisely "Tower of Pisa" themed maps, there are multiple tower themed maps on the server. This build does not add anything new to excuse its theme. The build is not very good, as it's just a cobble/stone tower on a flat piece of dirt. It could definitely use more work on the block choices and detailing. I will admit, though, that there were improvements regarding the parkour. This time around the parkour felt way more enjoyable. I can clearly see that you're talented, you took the feedback we gave you and implemented it into your parkour. Well done! It was definitely suited for the medium difficulty, although it was a little on the long side. Nevertheless, I definitely hope to see many more map submissions from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.