Attachments

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I rate this a -0.1, mainly because of the parkour
The theme and build are fun, and I really like it. The parkour will be your downfall though, because most of the jumps are either normal block or ladder jumps, there are segments of repeating parkour, there are some skips, the difficulty suits an easy, and it would be nice if the barriers were marked better. Here are the skips (red is correct path, orange is skip):
2020-03-18_22.14.25.png
2020-03-18_22.14.53.png

You should mark barriers where someone might try and walk into them, rework the parkour to include a bunch of different blocks to create unique jumps (trapdoors, heads, fences, brewing stands, etc), and make the parkour harder. If you are able to pull this off, I wouldn't be surprised if this got accepted, unless there is some issue with theme originality

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
You can use world edit to make water jumps. I believe you can't use //set water, so you will have to place water normally with blocks blocking it so it doesn't flow everywhere, and then //copy and //paste the water blocks only

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
I'm sad to say it's a -1 from me, as the theme is unoriginal...we already have quite a few maps about treats/desserts, and there is already a Medium map called Treats. Check this link to the Parkour List: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit#heading=h.cf7ope9npr27
It's wise to check this before building a map to make sure your theme isn't too unoriginal or hasn't been done before!

If you want examples of solid maps and builds that meet current requirements, check /warp beta. Standards have changed a lot since the beginning of the parkour server! It's best not to go off of the first maps you may have played.

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
We do in fact sadly have a map called treats already and this parkour could be much improved.

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
Hi @Topimac ,

I am just giving feedback on your map. (Note my opinion has 0 effect on whether your map gets accepted, rejected, or put into reviewing. Only staff with map judge tag matter when it comes ) . The theme is unoriginal as there is already a couple maps that exist that are easy maps called treats, and summer treats for example. I recommend looking through this google doc at themes already used: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit . The build was recognizable as treats which is good but since this theme has been done before it makes the build less interesting. So if you did this build on a more original theme it would be good. The number of jumps is good for a medium map. You have some jump variety but it is repetitive at times. i recommend spreading the jumps out and adding new type of jumps like water jumps. Different type of blocks like flower pots, player heads or add water/lava as a way to seperate out your jumps and make the parkour more interesting. The difficulty is fine for a medium map. I wish you luck in the future of making maps.

Geshultz

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
694 11
Hoi Topimac,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not good, there is already a lot of maps with a similar theme (Treats, Cake, CandyLand…), please be careful next time ! (Feel free checking the parkour list Quinny put on his post). The build is also not really good, while I quite like the gummy bear, the rest could be improved, the map feel quite messy for example, there is a lot of floating jumps and there is no main builds, please try building your parkour on/in a main build next time. The parkour is not really good, while the parkour is a bit varied, there is still some issues, the part on the candy canes are way harder than the rest, there is even 2 impossible jumps right here : http://prntscr.com/rkbnf7, the part inside the cake feel a bit repetitive compared to the rest, so try making the map varied throughout the map, feel free using blocks like vines, soul sand, flower pots, water...

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.