Rejected TrippyBnW - Medium - 48 Jumps / 4 Checkpoints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some of the Medium-Easy maps on Medium Difficulty in the GUI. Although I think there should be some more. So here I am. I built a very unique looking parkour in my opinion.

Username: CannabisJr_btw (Changing name to just CannabisJr in 4.5 days.) So please set the name of the creator as that.
Map Name: TrippyBnW (Black n White)
Plot Warp: /plot h Cannabisjr_btw 2
Difficulty: Medium
Number Of Jumps (Including jumps on ladder obstacles): 48
Checkpoints: 4

Pictures will be attached to the thread.

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Attachments

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 7
interesting idea, but judges arent big fans of floating parkour, and they really like block variation, which your map appears to lack. good luck though!

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Hiya!

Just going to give my opinion here! I am not a map judge and this is just my personal opinion.

In regards to the parkour, the jumps fit the difficulty and length of a medium however the course is mainly floating. Floating courses are no longer accepted, so I'd advise you to build something that you can incorporate your jumps within. As stated above by Buffy, the block variation used within your jumps is unvaried so I would recommend using blocks such as flower pots, player heads, ice and water to spice it up!

When creating a map I would also recommend coming up with a distinct theme that sets your map apart from the other 1400 or so maps we have on the server, by creating something unique it will stand out and be different from the other maps. Finally, when creating a map make sure you're using a lot of detail; ensuring your map is filled with detail doesn't only make it stand out and unique, but it doesn't just make it look good but also feel good to play on.

I hope that you can take my opinion into consideration.
Cheers!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello CannabisJr,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have some maps based off of specific colors (Colors, RedvsBlue, BluevOrange.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here.
The build of your map is lacking in detail and depth, try to create a main build to incorporate your parkour around. I would advise you create a platform and build a creation ontop, this would allow you to incorporate the parkour within the build a lot more easily.
In regards to the parkour, it is mainly floating which is typically no longer accepted. The course fits the medium difficulty and length, however it would be good to add a few more checkpoints and make sure they're spaced out evenly! The blocks used in your parkour are unvaried, thus I advise the use of blocks such as flower pots, player heads, water, etc to spice up the course and make it more enjoyable.[Jash]

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.