~ Difficulty: Medium ~

~ Number of Jumps: 87 ~

~ Number of Checkpoints: 5 ~

~ Plot info: /plot v -126;-59 ~

2021-03-03_12.45.09.png
2021-03-03_13.15.00.png
2021-03-03_13.15.09.png
2021-03-03_13.15.45.png

Hey, I hope you enjoy my map. It's gone through a lot of iterations and I've tried to focus on a mix of satisfying 'flow' jumps with some more interesting and unique jumps. I'm a little concerned about the jump length, at a very high 87. Despite that, I've still chosen Medium difficulty as the map doesn't feel as long as some of the lower jump length, denser medium maps. Also, in comparison to the easiest 'Hard' maps I've played, it seems significantly less difficult.

Saying this, I'm open to criticism and I understand that different jumps are hard for different people and would be happy to edit the map, change the difficulty, etc, if necessary.

Mentions:
  • Mewbewl was a big helper in testing the flow of the map, and his suggestions left a big impact
  • Sommanker helped a lot by pointing out areas in which the next jump wasn't obvious, and one checkpoint that could be accessed from below.

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hello Steveinasuit,

I regret to inform you that your map is REJECTED.

The THEME of your map is unoriginal, as we already have maps based around biomes/the nether [River, Seasons, Biomes] . Before creating a parkour please make sure to check out this template here to see all the maps accepted on the server!

The BUILD is entirely made up of floating islands which is not allowed. Try to build a main island so that it is easier to incorporate a large build and make the parkour look less messy. The islands look nice and are quite detailed so good job on that!

The PARKOUR fits the length of an expert map, but has an inconsistent difficulty! The start of your map has easier jumps; however, they get progressively more difficult and inconsistent as you go through the map. Although your map does have some variance, the blocks are in clumps so try and spread block types out more. To add more variance, try adding more jumps with unique blocks like pots, water, heads, vines, etc. One or two parts may need directional signs/heads as it is easy to get lost.

Thank you for taking the time to create a map, I hope to see more submissions from you in the future. [Hayley]
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me on discord at Elly#5555
Have a great day,
Elly

Status
Not open for further replies.