Accepted Upwards Journey - Insane (Resubmission #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Old submission
https://manacube.com/threads/upwards-journey-resubmission.57372/

Username: zzykrkv
Map: Upwards Journey
/plot v noctqrns 18
Difficulty: Easy (jk insane)
Jumps: 114

It's been a while and I really didn't want my old projet to go to waste, so I decided to come back to it and fix it. Last time I was told there were 2 problems: the build and the parkour. I decided it was easier to redo the entire map, as you can't really polish a turd. I have fixed the problem of the mountain having no "shape", and also I think it looks way less messy now. Parkour, I have tried to make it easier. The jumps aren't too hard and this did not take me half as long to verify as the old map. This map may be hard, but I guarantee you it's not as hard as simpsons so ya.

The gameplay might still be too hard, mainly the last jumps, if that's so feel free to nerf the shit out of it but please don't butcher it.

Huge thanks to @noctqrns for letting me borrow their plot (I ran out of plots).

PHOTOS NOW
1600925049387.png
1600925062154.png
1600925076152.png
1600925085914.png
1600925096807.png
1600925110213.png
1600925119120.png
1600925130055.png

Raptide

MVP+
Raptide
Raptide
MVP+
Ratings
Can confirm, there are no skips on this map. I swear I didn't see any!
Goodluck with the map!

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
I thought you were the king of finding skips until me and khi found lots of skips (surprisingly) and I found a lot more with speed 5. I'm disappointed xD
14 skips zzy smh. Some of them are really obvious too, and they can skip a whole section! :D Bruh I can only attach 10 files? :O

Attachments

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
I hope this helps tho :)
Nice map too

Attachments

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
What are some of the hardest jumps on the map? Just curious
Well the last 3 jumps are meant to be "hard' jumps, and really they all are more technical than hard. I'd say the hardest out of all is the double blip, but if you don't know how to do it then the double tyrone ladder to 4.5625b can also be a challenge

Raptide

MVP+
Raptide
Raptide
MVP+
Ratings
I thought you were the king of finding skips until me and khi found lots of skips (surprisingly) and I found a lot more with speed 5. I'm disappointed xD
14 skips zzy smh. Some of them are really obvious too, and they can skip a whole section! :D Bruh I can only attach 10 files? :O
It was a reference to when I tested the map and kept finding skips. Every time I did find one zzy was kinda embarassed and it was funny to watch him hesitate to fix that skip immediately

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
It was a reference to when I tested the map and kept finding skips. Every time I did find one zzy was kinda embarassed and it was funny to watch him hesitate to fix that skip immediately

ik this sounds salty but could u please not. i'm never embarrased if someone finds a skip nor am I hesitant to patch it, i don't understand why you think i'd pride myself so much in finding skips.

Raptide

MVP+
Raptide
Raptide
MVP+
Ratings
ik this sounds salty but could u please not. i'm never embarrased if someone finds a skip nor am I hesitant to patch it, i don't understand why you think i'd pride myself so much in finding skips.
I'm sorry oh holy zzykrkv. It will never happen again, your majesty!

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
may i suggest grabbing a sphere brush (size 0.1) real quick and adding some shading to the more monotone parts of the mountain with similar colours to add light depth, other wise looks good and has a good atmosphere.. excuse the pun. :D

Good Luck :)
ill have a try

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Almost 3 weeks later and still no response...
I think they might be kinda scared to admit that it's a good map :)

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
lol now that the threads been bumped its been separated from the sediment of forgotten resubmissions at the end of page 2.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

After a month of reviewing and nerfing and some confusion about judging, your map submission has been ACCEPTED! Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is original - we do have some mountain themed maps but yours is definitely different enough to be determined as unique, so great job.
Build: The build was a huge improvement over the previous submission - the colors and stages of the map, as well as the top and the water at the bottom made the build look gorgeous. I would like to give major props to you for scrapping the old build but keeping the theme, as you executed it way better this go around. The mountain shaping looks very natural, and each section of the map stays true to their individual themes (desert section, stone section, etc.) Great job on the build!
Parkour: The parkour was a bit problematic at the start, but after Shinx made some general nerfs across the map and your change to the ending, it fits the INSANE map category very well. It is well-varied in both block variety and jump originality (there were some jumps in that map that I've never seen before lol). It was challenging, but at the same time still fun to play. Your checkpoints were well-placed to require consistency but not so spaced out that it was annoying.

Congrats on having the map accepted, and apologies once again for having it take so long. I'd love to see more map submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.