Rejected Voidcube - Medium/Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Bullcicle
Map Name: Voidcube
Photos: (some tiny things may have changed from images, but jumps remain same)

Imgur album, if i'm bad at formatting images: Warp/Location:
" /plot visit Bullcicle 1 "
Plot ID: -83;93
Coordinates: X -12187, Z 13445

Difficulty: Easy/Medium, may depend on which jumps you take.
Contains 45-60 jumps, 4 checkpoints.

Voidcube is a map/level with some paths that split. Some parts may just have two different routes, or some harder jumps may shave a second or two off a time, or jumps you need to make. None of them can account for a large skip.
The level is made with some consideration of racing in mind - there are many stretches in which you can keep a sprint across jumps, slime bounces and ice. There is no direct theme, I just sorta thought of color palette + shape and went with it.

Some things i'd like to note for judges:
The lowest part of the map, which is purely decoration below some slime pads, barely grazes the Teleport barrier at 34 below the start point. If it still needs to be shaved, I can do that.
I've done my best to highlight routes with arrow heads, but if it's still a bit confusing, I can add more.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
618 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour originality/design ~ Certainly haven't really seen a design/theme like this before, it's very beautiful though. You did a great job with the design, nice use of unique blocks to make your 'void cube' complete, great job on the detail and originality/theme section!

Parkour variety/length/difficulty ~ Firstly, thanks for adding the directional arrows I certainly would have gotten lost without them. A fair length for an easy/medium parkour submission, good job on the length section. With the difficulty, it certainly felt like someone between easy-medium so good job on that. I'd probably say that it's more of a medium map though. I sadly have to say that personally for me I got lost quite a bit in your parkour, maybe I got bad coordination, not sure. Anyhow, I would recommend that you add more variety to your parkour jumps, this just makes them more interesting and unique and so they're not bland, for example adding bed/chest jumps, enchantment table jumps, head hitters, flowerpot jumps, cactus jumps, water jumps, etc would be a good idea.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Bullcicle,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, as we don't have any maps with this particular theme, so good job on that!

The build contains quite a lot of details, which is great, and I can tell that a lot of effort went into this build! However, there may be a bit too many details, because the build does appear a bit messy.
The parkour is my main concern. You did add a decent amount of arrow heads helping indicate where to go, which is great. However,
there were still plenty of moments where I ended up lost, so I recommend having a more direct path. I do agree with the above comment that this map is probably better suited for the medium difficulty!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.